What jobs do people with special needs do
Working with disabilities: what are you entitled to?
Musicians, doctors or development workers - there are many dream jobs. Everyone knows the challenges you have to face in order to realize your own professional goals and dreams. It's even more difficult for People with a disability. There is still too much resentment about the employment of handicapped workers. In a performance society in which people Human capital and are assessed according to their economically useful skills and knowledge, people with disabilities have a difficult position in the labor market. There are numerous in Germany Help for workers with disabilities. However, the questions still remain: What am I entitled to? And: Where can I get information?
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Working with disabilities: data and facts
In 2006 the United Nations passed the Convention on the Rights of people with disabilitieswhich defines the living situation of disabled people in order to guarantee them equal participation in social life.
There is such a thing in Germany General Equal Opportunities Act (AGG). It is there to protect against discrimination based on origin, gender, worldview, age, disability or sexual identity. The law regulates both everyday situations and rights at work. In relation to work, for example Selection criteria, career opportunities and remuneration are regulated by this law.
There is also one Quota, which tells employers how many of their jobs they must make available for workers with disabilities. If the company has more than 20 employees, this rate is included for private employers five percent and for public employers at six percent.
Failure to comply will result in a Penalty payment for each unoccupied workstation in the amount of 105 to 260 euros. The quota applies to a person with a severe disability of 50 percent or more or for persons who are treated as such, that is, who have a degree of severe disability of 30 percent.
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Special rights of the disabled
Workers with a disability have special Workplace Rights:
- Entitlement to more vacation: In addition to the statutory vacation days, you are entitled to five additional days.
- Special protection against dismissal: An employee with a disability can only be terminated after the trial period has expired with the consent of the Integration Office.
- Workplace design: Disabled people have the right to have the workplace adapted to their needs. This can include the purchase of an ergonomic keyboard or a special monitor for people with visual impairments as well as the accessibility of the entire workplace for wheelchair users. They are supported in this by the integration office and the employer.
People with disabilities: the reluctance of many companies
It is precisely these special rights that lead to uncertainty among many employers. According to the Federal Employment Agency, around 26 percent of employers did not employ severely disabled people in 2011 and only just over half of the employers did so severely disabled employees fulfilled the specified quota. In 2011, an annual average of 257,380 positions for employees with disabilities remained unfilled.
Companies are particularly afraid of the separate one Protection against dismissal as well as the additional costs of redesigning the workplace. This does not have to be the case, however, because employers are supported by the state with the costs.
It is true that having a job under Subsidy from the integration office has been redesigned to be handicapped accessible, this must also be used by an employee with a disability for a period of six to 50 months.
To focus on such handicaps and to reject an applicant for these reasons means to overlook the essential, namely the fact that every person for his own Livelihood want to worry.
Should the disability be mentioned in the application?
you are not obliged to do so Disclose your disability when you apply. Of course, you can point this out in the cover letter. However, experts assume that specifying the disability in the application tends to reduce the chances of being invited to an interview. You should play with open cards at the latest during a personal conversation, especially if the HR manager asks you explicitly.
Should it later become known that you have your Disability covered up this can be a reason for termination. In addition, no claims such as extra vacation days can be asserted.
Information offers for the disabled
To be well equipped in the Job search to start, you should inform yourself beforehand from the responsible authorities. You can find detailed information here:
- Employment Agency: Information on training and further education, financial support and equality.
- Integration offices: Infothek with offers such as a specialist lexicon and specific information on the subject of work with disabilities.
- Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs: Information on accessible jobs and on promoting training and employment.
- Social Code: If you want to dig deeper into the matter, you will find the original legal texts here.
The following tips can, in turn, make your job search easier:
- Search specifically for Putwhere your handicap does not hinder you in performing your work and where you can still score points with your knowledge.
- Take the Advice offers the integration offices and the Federal Employment Agency. There you will be informed about funding opportunities.
- Take yourself into consideration when writing your cover letter professional support to search. Application coaches can help you with the right formulation.
The first steps towards a dream job are always difficult, but with the right information, even applicants with disabilities can get started.
- What are the keys to portfolio management
- Who invented vehicles
- Is Arijit Singh overrated
- Citrus beverages neutralize methamphetamines
- The human mind is complex like
- How smart is Lex Luthor DCAU
- What was Daeneys Targaryen's biggest mistake?
- When do health and moral values collide?
- Where do giant pandas live?
- Which actor portrayed Dracula best?
- Is 9 999 REALLY equal to 1
- What is physiological computing
- What is Chakra Disease
- Is sucrose covalent or ionic
- Will the Dutch language die in education
- How does cannabis lead to spiritual growth
- How can I crack the UPPCS 2020
- How do you get a mental break
- Is a MATLAB compiler online
- How is a shorthand speed test determined
- What are the chemical properties of ketamine
- Why did Ashish Ranjan deactivate his account
- What is the normal dose of lithium
- You can classify all of the Weasleys