Which compiler should I use for c
Introduction to programming II - SS 2002
Information on the C programming language
Linux and UnixA C compiler will practically always be installed on Linux or Unix computers. We will be using the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) C compiler. This is usually called with the command. If it is not installed, it is usually called the C compiler.
WindowsFree C translators for Windows (DOS):
- DJGPP is a Windows version of the GCC compiler and behaves very similarly in terms of operation.
- [absolute C beginner] is a website that describes the installation of various freely available C compilers, e.g. those of the DJGPP:
there is a separate page for Download the DJGPP (the file that can be downloaded there contains a version of the compiler that is completely sufficient for our purposes), as well as for Installation of the DJGPP.
- Cygwin is a Unix user interface for Windows (incl. C compiler); therefore significantly more complex to install, but also more convenient
- The Borland company offers its Borland-C / C ++ compiler for free download against registration. The compiler is intended for C ++, but you can also use it to compile C programs.
Literature on C:Fills entire shelves in bookstores. Two tips for choosing a suitable book: A pure C book may be more suitable for our purposes than one that explains C and C ++ together (at least it should have a detailed section on C).
In libraries, make sure you have a book about ANSI-C borrows; a book explaining the older C variant is likely to confuse more than help. Sometimes old and new versions of the same book title are available, so you have to be careful. On the other hand, the risk of getting a non-ANSI-C book turned on in the book trade is extremely low.
- Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie: Programming in C. ANSI C. Carl Hanser Verlag; ISBN: 3446154973.
Although this book is more of a language reference than an introduction to C programming, this book has lasting value as a reference work.
- If you can already program something, you might also come with the booklet The programming language C from the regional computing center for Lower Saxony (RRZN), which you can buy in the user office of the LRZ.
Online tutorials on the C programming language:The various tutorials in electronic form are even cheaper, as you can find them e.g. at the following WWW addresses:
Notes on Unix and computing in the IT hall
- Slow cooking makes food too moist
- YouTubes algorithms encourage competition
- How does sacred geometry relate to yoga?
- How can I become an acting star
- Why alternating current comes into the inverter
- When did you become wise?
- Nikola Tesla was a misogynist
- President Obama left Israel
- Why don't most people like classic rock?
- Leap year babies are special
- Is online poker legal in Canada?
- Meghan Markle will give up her US citizenship
- What are the Grass Ground Type Pokemon
- How did Linsanity happen
- Where did Jay Leno start?
- What is a circuit diagram with two capacitors
- How does hypersensitivity affect immune responses
- What is proxy management
- Anxiety causes a loss of sexual desire
- Why my estimated total YouTube revenue has decreased
- Where are the WordPress pages stored
- What is the name of this model 6
- What is Quora and who does it belong to
- Which handheld console should I get