What is a namespace on Linux
VRF on Linux with network namespaces
My ultimate goal is to implement VRF (Virtual Routing and Forwarding) in Linux. The most commonly accepted method is to set up different network namespaces (one for each separate routing table) and run a Quagga or BIRD daemon on each namespace / routing table. I am not married to this method. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.
The computer in question is running Debian 7 (Wheezy) in VMware Workstation 12. It was always a router and was routing successfully some time ago before I started the reconfiguration. Hence, I know the general routing setup is good.
The immediate problem is that I cannot communicate using my network namespace. That said, veth1 (which is at the bottom of my namespace) can ONLY ping veth0 and nothing else. There is no network communication between veth1 and the underlying networks - not even ARPs. If I didn't know better, I'd say someone pulled the cable from the switch (but it's pretty difficult in a virtual environment). And yes, I checked that the VMnets are set up correctly. The router will work if the old configuration is restored. It just doesn't work in this new configuration.
Does anyone have any idea how to get veth1 to communicate? Or even a completely different method of getting VRF working on Linux? Thanks in advance.
I set up the new configuration as follows:
Add virtual interfaces
Build a bridge
Add eth1 AND veth1 to the bridge
Assign veth1 to the namespace
Configure the IPs of the veth
Bring the i / f up
assigns veth2 its own routing table
Defines the default route for the vtable
You can see in the output from iptables-save that everything is set to ACCEPT or FORWARD, respectively
Output of the IP addr show:
Output of the IP route show:
Output from ip netns exec nsx ip addr show:
Output from ip netns exec nsx ip route show
Output from iptables-save
- ClojureScript What is ClojureScriptOne
- What is the oxidation number of Na2PO4
- Are gods aliens
- How do you become an NFL referee
- Works boring
- How do you say fried in Tagalog
- Which backpack should you buy?
- In which year did personnel development start in India
- Supports the internet organization audio
- What's in your handbag right now
- How does money flow into IPL
- How to Eliminate Facebook Pages
- Why can't a drunk person walk properly
- Why is it said to be dead?
- Which is the best Java or NET technology
- What things will people with dementia never forget?
- Why do moths want to eat clothes
- How do you train sled dogs
- What does a decentralized Quora look like
- How can I work at SpaceX
- Which song is close to your heart
- Is jobcashing com legitimate
- Why did the Ranbaxy Laboratories fail
- May the British Charles Prince of Wales