Are Impossible Foods burgers kosher
Impossible Foods introduces plant-based minced pork
After the food producer Impossible Foods displayed a revised version of its beef imitation at CES two years ago, the first completely new product since the company was founded followed this year: Impossible Pork looks like minced pork, behaves in the same way when processed, tastes and smells so and contains the same nutrients. As with the initial burger patties, no animal had to die because only vegetable raw materials are used in the production.
According to the company's founder, Pat Brown, at CES, the artificial minced pork is even more important to the company than its debut, as pork covers 38 percent of the world's meat needs. It is mainly consumed in Europe and Asia; in the USA, however, it only ranks third behind beef and chicken. The proportion of 38 percent is even more impressive when you consider that over 2 billion people in the world do not eat pork at all for religious reasons.
By the way, religion is an important point where you can see what changes artificial meat products cause: Impossible Foods is currently striving to have its products halal or kosher certified and also want to operate the production facilities accordingly. It is not about forcing people to do something that they do not even know, but on the contrary to enable them to get to know flavors that have so far been denied them.
In the long term, Pat Brown sees the production of artificial meat as an important contribution to both getting the climate crisis under control and preserving biodiversity. Huge areas are cleared for the production of meat, greenhouse gases are created, water is both used as a resource and is heavily polluted.
The meat industry is also very inefficient: just 10 percent of the vegetable proteins used as feed are converted into animal proteins. The animal uses the rest to live - which is ultimately not the aim of why it is raised in the first place. And while many people like the finished product meat, there is hardly anyone among them who thinks the production route, including the slaughterhouse, is great.
Last but not least, Impossible Food advertises that artificial meat is actually better meat. Of course, artificial hacking like the model has a use-by date, but you have to worry much less about bacteria and other pathogens - and antibiotics or hormones are not an issue at all.
Impossible Food's goal is to replace all types of meat with vegetable imitations by 2035. Pat Brown is well aware that the road is rocky: the formula for artificial minced pork has been found, but research is still necessary to get to a slice of artificial bacon that can be fried like the original. There is still a lot of work to do with other animal species such as poultry and fish.
And then there is the subject of regulations and approvals - which is why Impossible products have so far not been able to be bought in the EU. Pat Brown was confident, however, that that would change in the medium term. (mue)Read comments (1076) Go to homepage
- Is there an advantage to outsourcing network monitoring?
- Can OBOR survive an Indochina war?
- Thunderbird is a popular email client
- What did Instagram copy from TikTok
- Which are India's best price comparison websites
- What is Neo2 software
- Why does TikTok have so many furries
- Are there any model competitions organized by the United Nations
- Which musical had a character called Anybodys
- How can I strategically plan the NMAT preparation
- Is bullying a social issue
- How was Rhodesia before independence
- What is channel code
- What is TheApex Rush
- What are the best yes albums
- How is a 1100 aluminum plate applied
- What is Gaara's zodiac sign
- Is BTS informed about the dispatch of the army
- What does the name Luz mean?
- Is DJ Snake Middle Eastern
- How were different speaking languages created
- Supports the internet organization audio
- Indian women find mustache attractive
- Ham tastes just like salami
- Did you like your wedding song
- What types of foods raise the blood
- What did Rabindranath Tagore state in Gitanjali
- Where is Pune in Maharastra
- Do you ever bite your SO by accident?
- Can Quora make me a moderator
- How can I identify a cypress
- What are the Most Overrated Laptops of All Time
- Bandwidth of a CW signal