What are Russian hip hop music
Against the will of the Kremlin Russia in rap fever
In another song, Face sings about having sex without condoms, taking drugs and "giving a shit". Such taboos are particularly popular with young people, especially since Russian laws have for years forbidden swear words at media appearances and concerts. Face explained his popularity in an interview on Youtube by saying that young people like to do whatever he sings about without worrying about the consequences.
A song is produced quickly
According to Face, it took just three weeks to produce its first studio album. For music experts, this is one of the reasons why this type of music is currently attracting so many young artists.
"Rap makes the most money and it doesn't cost an artist much to record a track and upload it," explains Roman Chumakow when he presented his documentary "Beef", which tells the story of Russian rap. For rock you need musicians, instruments and a good voice. For rap, all you need is a computer and a microphone, says Chumakow.
Don't let your mouth shut
The St. Petersburg rapper Semmi UP is inspired by what is happening in his life and the problems in his homeland, which he says he loves dearly. "When I started ten years ago, I would rhyme texts about my first love or about how I stopped my martial arts. Today I see many problems more global and I am interested in what is happening here with us," he says. In one of his songs he sings about "schools and hospitals are closing while at the same time the gorged faces are farting around" - a swipe at the social inequality in Russia.
"For me, rap is freedom," says Semmi UP. For him, the best proof of this was the reaction of the rap community to the cancellation of concerts and the arrest of the socially critical rapper Dmitri Kuznetsov, alias Husky. His colleagues Oxxxymiron, Basta and Noize MC organized a solidarity concert and collected almost 80,000 euros for Husky, which he later donated to human rights organizations. The case made such waves that even President Vladimir Putin had to admit that bans were the worst way to tackle the rap phenomenon. "A great action. That was the proof that we rappers stand up for each other and don't shut up," says Semmi UP.
Today in the East report | 11/19/2016 | 6:00 p.m.
- How can someone monetize their YouTube account
- Cirrhosis leads to splenomegaly
- What are some penalties for criminal law
- Should you reunite with an ex-boyfriend
- What will ASAP Rocky's charges be
- Which country has the cheapest virtual assistants?
- Why is a week a week
- What are your favorite anime tropics
- The senses are preserved after the intoxication
- Where can I find buyers for postage stamps
- What is an easy to learn code
- Why do people get degrees and certificates
- What is Gulmohar called in English
- Which is the best domain before com
- How do tardigrades survive
- When did industrial pollution start in China?
- Is IPL a scam
- What is holographic duality
- Huawei's foldable phone is a big deal
- Sells Rayban powered sunglasses
- Can I receive goods without an invoice?
- Why did you try to wear women's clothes
- How did you learn front-end development
- What weighs about 1 kg
- What are the latest technology updates from Samsung
- What makes Jamaica dangerous? Why
- What is TLB miss
- What does the king cobra eat
- What's your rating of Pingdom
- What distinguishes the Tableau software
- How do I edit my home videos
- Are cities alive
- What does the Bible say about consumption