What is the SI unit of inductance
Henry is the SI unit of inductance. The unit is named after Joseph Henry. It is specific to each conductor coil and is usually indicated on it.
A coil has an inductance of 1 henry if a self-induction voltage of 1 volt is produced with a uniform current change of 1 ampere in 1 second.
CGS system of units
The Abhenry (abH) is the outdated unit of measurement for inductance from the electromagnetic CGS system of units. It applies
- 1 abH = 10−9 H = 1 nH (nanohenry)
In an inductance of 1 abH, a current increasing by 1 Abampere per second generates a voltage of 1 Abvolt.
The Stathenry (statH) is the outdated unit of measurement for inductance from the electrostatic CGS system of units. It applies
- 1 statH = c2 × 10−5 H ~ 8.99 × 1011 H = 899 GH (gigahenry)
In an inductance of 1 statH, a current increasing by 1 statampere per second generates a voltage of 1 statvolt.
Before the introduction of the SI, today's SI-Henry was called absolute Henry whereas Henry, derived from the definition of the (international) ohm at the time, is called international henry. Since the national standard authorities have determined different conversion factors based on the measurement regulations of the definitions, there have been nationally different numerical values for the international Henry. In 1946 the International Committee for Weights and Measures determined the mean international ohm to be 1,00049 Ω, which also applies:
- 1 medium international henry = 1 H.int = 1,00049 H.
The American international Henry was also significant:
- 1 US International Henry = 1,000495 H
Date of the last change: Jena, the: 13.03. 2021
- Why do arthropods lose their skin
- What makes people feel defeated
- What is Victor Hugo famous for?
- Who is Bigger Learning Udemy or LinkedIn
- What are the ingredients for carbonara sauce
- How does a full wave rectifier work
- Which Indonesian films have excellent grades
- How do I stop apoptosis
- How can I send money
- Is Bootcamp a VM
- What is the Ullmann reaction
- Why didn't Netflix keep Family Guy
- How does ExpressionEngine
- What is FB and responsibility 1
- Is Unicode the same as UTF 8
- What does rep hockey
- What is giclee printing
- What is graffiti
- Why is evolution helpful in classifying organisms
- Is Edward Snowden gay
- What do you want more than anything
- Is it free to run Facebook apps?
- Could day traders beat high frequency traders
- The deserts in Africa are shrinking