Rumi poet who was Shams al Tabriz
30. September: Rumi was born in Balkh, Ghurid Empire (Afghanistan). He is distinguished above all by the fact that he founded the order "Maulawiyya" of the "dancing dervishes". In his main work, the sacred didactic poem "Mesnewi", comprising approx. 26,600 double verses, he describes Sufism in legends and fables. The order of the »Mevlevis« performs the sema ritual practiced since the 13th century, with which they are known as »whirling« or »dancing dervishes«.
His father, Baha'uddin Walad, a scholar, is invited by the Sultan Seljuk of Rum to settle in Iconium (now Konya, Turkey) with his family. Although Baha'uddin Walad is known for his clairvoyant gifts, Rumi shows no interest in traditional mysticism.
His teaching as a Sufi mystic is led by the mysterious Shams ad-Din Tabrizi (died 1247), one of the most important spiritual masters of the time.
The Mongols destroy Balkh. The family must flee.
His first son, Sultan Walad, is born in Larada.
After the death of his first wife, Rumi married Kira Khatum, a woman from a Christian family; they have two children together.
His most important work is "Masnavi-ye Ma'navi" ("Mathnawi"), an extensive collection in six volumes of spiritual teachings and the Sufi tradition in the form of poetry and short stories of high quality and refinement. »Mathnawi« is one of the most important books of the Persian tradition and is nowadays partly learned by heart. The book is known as "The Koran in Persian". Singing »Mathnawi« has become an independent form of music. It is believed that Rumi composed his poetry under the influence of music and dance.
He is known to his followers and apprentices as Maulana Rumi, "Our Lord, the Byzantine".
The family settles in Aleppo and Damascus, where Rumi probably also studies.
He probably meets the poet Ibn al-Arabi (died 1240).
October (according to other information on November 30th): Rumi meets a wandering dervish named Shamsuddin of Tabriz (Shams ad-Din). Shams does not respect Shariah, the holy law of Islam, and believes he is connected to the light of Muhammad. The encounter is a milestone in Rumi's life.
He neglects his teaching duties and his family and spends his time with the dervish whom he compares to Jesus. But the holy man disappears in secret, and Rumi becomes a poet as a result.
Shams comes to Konya one more time in his life, but he disappears forever from this year. Rumi searches for his friend to no avail. His search is interpreted as a search for one's own identity.
Rumi now writes poems known under the title "Diwan-i Shams-i Tabriz" ("Divan of Shams of Tabriz"). Shams also appears as the author of the verse.
After Shams' death, Rumi meets an illiterate goldsmith, Salahuddin Zarkub (Salah ad-Din Zarkub), and writes poetry under Salahuddin's name. This leads to a quarrel with Salahuddin, but Rumi Sultan Walad still marries Salahuddin's daughter.
The Mongols conquer Baghdad. According to unofficial, unconfirmed sources, Rumi is said to have been in the city at this time. But he can escape the siege in time.
The family travels from Syria to Laranda, where Rumi's mother, Mu'mine Khatun, dies.
After the death of his father in Anatolia, Rumi continues to work as a teacher and theologian.
Salahuddin Zarkub dies.
December 17th: Rumi dies in Konya (Anatolia, Turkey).
His tomb in Konya is now a pilgrimage site and the Mawlawiyya Order is still based here.
- What's your rating of Jack Daniels
- Which kites are the most fun to fly?
- Are keyboard precussion instruments haram in Islam
- How can I get Excel training online
- Whatz the strongest glue for multiple surfaces
- Why does evolution make women physically weak
- According to Islam, when was T 0
- Help God male and female circumcision
- Is Ser Davos Lord Gendry's Bannerman
- How do you express anger in Swedish?
- In which language is Google Docs written
- What is Christian teaching about forgiveness
- HTML is an open source technology
- Where can you find happiness without friends
- Where do Cuscuta plants grow
- Who discovered cosmology
- Does an exhaust silencer influence fuel consumption
- Should people act with privacy for the sake of convenience
- How is biogas used to generate electricity
- How does a kitchen compost container work
- What is known as data mining
- Bike rentals monthly Pune
- Is whey protein natural or synthetic
- Why is simplicity so attractive