What are CT and PT
PET and PET-CT
Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
Positron emission tomography is a highly sensitive procedure in nuclear medicine diagnostics. Compared to other nuclear medicine procedures, about 100 times more sensitivity and an increased spatial resolution are achieved. This means that metabolic processes can be made visible earlier and more precisely in the body than with any other method. The main areas of application of the method are therefore early detection, particularly in the case of cancer, and increasingly molecular imaging.
A hybrid system - PET and computed tomography in one
In PET-CT, positron emission tomography and computed tomography are combined with one another. The examinations can be carried out almost at the same time. Overlaying creates a merged image in which the information from both methods optimally complement each other. The type and exact localization of a finding can thus be recognized even more precisely and quickly.
What does molecular imaging mean?
Molecular imaging is a highly innovative area in nuclear medicine, with which one can display the inside of the body (blood vessels, organs) with precise location, in principle even cell-specific. By radioactive labeling of drugs, the doctor can see exactly whether a drug is working in the right place. PET is a future-oriented set of instruments with optimized diagnosis and therapy options.
- What makes people addicted to tea
- How can I visit Liechtenstein
- Eleanor Roosevelt was unhappily married
- Are koi fish valuable
- What is ATR
- What are some grass-eating insects
- Why did Abraham Lincoln look so sick
- What do you think of newcomers?
- What not meant would have meant
- What is privileged access management
- Are evolutionary algorithms machine learning
- How many tissues make up our brain
- How can I keep free range
- What does Cristiano Ronaldos like
- What is Alexa rank 2
- A brain can explode
- How do link indexing tools work
- Which is the best crypto pump group
- What is Alamo Ca known for?
- When should babies stop breastfeeding?
- How are oysters born
- What kind of jobs do certification bodies have
- Freelance to make money
- What's the best music steam app