What can Malawi do to develop economically?
Improving basic education in Malawi
Germany has been supporting Malawi's education sector since the mid-1990s. The current focus of the basic education program (BEP) of the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) GmbH is on well-functioning teacher training, which should contribute to sustainable quality improvements in the education sector.
The BEP strives at several levels to improve the organization and quality of primary school teacher training. To this end, the program works closely on the one hand with the respective departments in the capital Lilongwe and the subordinate authorities and on the other hand with the decentralized teacher training institutions in the other parts of the country.
In order to achieve the desired goal, BEP supports the area of monitoring and evaluation in teacher training and strengthens the corresponding capacities. BEP and its partners are following the Malawian Plan for the Education Sector (NESP) and the corresponding implementation plans (ESIP II and soon ESIP III).
Particular attention is paid to the inclusion of disadvantaged children, such as girls or children with learning difficulties.
The project is divided into four fields of action:
1. Develop internal and external evaluation systems to meet national standards in teacher education in all eight public teacher education institutions.
2. Increase the capacity to implement the revised primary teacher education curriculum in all eight public teacher education institutions.
3. Increasing capacities in order to be able to better support student teachers who are completing a teaching internship at a school through mentoring and other measures; Among other things, this involves strengthening resilience in the flood-prone areas in southern Malawi.
4. Introduction of information and communication technologies (ICT) as tools for teaching and learning in teacher training institutions. The measures are linked to the “Unlocking Talent” project (using potential).
The project builds on the results and effects of earlier project phases. With the help of BEP, Malawi has succeeded in introducing national standards for teacher training. Another result is the revised curriculum for primary school teacher training. This is now modular and focuses on teaching pedagogical and didactic skills as well as a pronounced practical orientation.
To promote inclusion, BEP supported MoEST in the development and implementation of the Blended Learning Course on Inclusive Education (BLINC). This is a one-year teacher training course, which ends with a certificate, and in which the participants learn to recognize children with learning difficulties at an early stage and to encourage them in a targeted manner. Information and communication technologies are used in a targeted manner in the training. In 2018, 177 teachers successfully completed the BLINC course; the participants of BLINC II will graduate in 2021. This is a great achievement and will help ensure that children who otherwise are at risk of being left behind receive targeted support.
In order to raise the reputation of the teaching profession and to honor particularly good primary school teachers, BEP held the World Teacher Day in 2018 in cooperation with MoEST and UNESCO. The event now takes place every year. It is mainly organized by MoEST and has a positive effect on the reputation of Malawian teachers.
- Why do twins think the same thing
- What is therapeutic communication about?
- The Amsterdam City Card is worth it
- What's s video in multimedia
- Do rash creams have any side effects
- Partnerships are advisable when starting a business
- What can you build with Swift
- What is BugMeNot
- The offer of a commission increases the productivity of the employees
- How much electricity do hydroponic systems use
- Has anyone lost weight with acai berries
- What are school organizations as extracurricular activities
- How do I find personal training information
- What are common auto layout issues
- Why am I always right in everything?
- Is Statista free
- What causes white muscle diseases in horses
- Is work important
- What reference works have you studied
- Why don't more websites block AdBlock
- Which is your favorite bodybuilding website
- Ayurvedic medicine is safe for children
- Why is iron considered a metal
- Are there blind people on Quora
- How should I maintain my eating habits?
- What is the nature of a crime
- Is the Black Forest cake unhealthy?
- What works well for alopecia
- What are the virtues of criticism
- Why is freedom more important than equality
- Can create antimatter
- WD 40 is a degreaser
- Why do you value yourself
- What does gamma ray diversity mean