What are the best Italian technology websites
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
A general overview of research and development in Italy can be found on the thematic page below. In addition, detailed information on research policy activities and events, upcoming congresses, seminars, etc. in Italy can be found on the websites of the respective institutions to which the links listed below lead.
ResearchItaly - English language version
INFN - English language version
CNR - English language version
Small overview of research and development in Italy
(As of September 2019)
The departmental responsibility for research and development (R&D) and education rests in Italy with the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca, MIUR). Minister has been since 05.09.2019 Lorenzo Fioramonti (Five Star Movement / M5S).
Other ministries have partial responsibilities, in particular the Ministry of Economy, Labor and Social Affairs (Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico MISE), which also deals with innovations.
The total spending on R&D were just under 23.8 billion euros in 2017 (+ 2.7% compared to 2016), which corresponds to 1.38% of GDP. As in Germany (share of R&D expenditures made by the business sector: 69.2%), the largest share of R&D expenditures in Italy, at 62.4%, is attributable to the corporate sector (especially the manufacturing sector).
For 2018, according to the national statistical authority ISTAT, an increase in R&D expenditure in non-profit private institutions (+ 6.2%), public institutions (+ 6.0%) and commercial enterprises (+ 2.8%) is expected. Data on universities are not yet available.
The legal framework for research policy in Italy forms the national research plan “Programma Nazionale per la Ricerca” (PNR) of 2015, which aims to coordinate private and public research programs and funding to achieve the “Europe 2020” goals.
Italy has a network of 26 science attachés and 2 space attachés abroad.
Most important public research institution in Italy is the National Research Council “Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche” (CNR). The CNR comprises 102 institutes with a total of over 8,400 employees. The CNR plays three main roles in Italian research: 1. promoting innovation and business competitiveness; 2. Technology transfer, knowledge sharing and conclusion of partnership agreements with external partners; 3. Allocation of research funds and grants.
There are also a number of other government R&D institutions:
- Italian Institute of Technology IIT (Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genoa - https://www.iit.it/) - is under the supervision of MEF and MIUR and is supervised by the Italian Court of Auditors.
- National research and development facility for new technologies, energy and the environment ENEA (Duck per le Nuove Tecnologie, l'Energia e l'Ambiente - http://www.enea.it/it)
Research institutions that are subject to direct control by the MIUR:
- Consorzio per l’Area di Ricerca Scientifca e Tecnologica di Trieste - Area Science Park
- Italian space agency ASI (Agenzia Spaziale Italiana)
- Italian non-university research institute for German studies (Istituto Italiano di Studi Germanici)
- National Institute for Astrophysics INAF (Istituto Nazionale di Astrofisica)
- National Institute for Higher Mathematics "Francesco Severi" INDAM (Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica)
- National Institute of Nuclear Physics INFN (Istituto Nazionale di Fiscia Nucleare)
- National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology INGV (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia)
- National Institute of Oceanography and Geophysics OGS (Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale)
- National Institute for Metrological Research INRIM (Istituto Nazionale di Ricerca Metrologica)
- Historical Museum of Physics and Research Center "Enrico Fermi"
- Zoological Stazione Naples "Anton Dohrn"
as well as with a focus on education / documentation:
- National Institute for the Evaluation of the Education and Training System INVALSI
- National Institute for Documentation, Innovation and Educational Research INDIRE
In the field of new technologies and renewable energies the independent national agency ENEA (also known as: Agenzia nazionale per le nuove tecnologie, l'energia e lo sviluppo economico sostenibile) is an important institution. Her work focuses on energy efficiency, renewable energies, nuclear energy, environmental and climate protection, health and safety, and new technologies.
There is close research cooperation between Germany and Italy. In September 2019 there are 751 research agreements between Italian and German universities and colleges. 70 Italian and 146 German institutions are involved. The Villa Vigoni Association on Lake Como, which regularly organizes conferences, meetings, seminars and workshops on various research issues, also makes a contribution to this. The association's task is to promote German-Italian relations in the fields of science, education and culture, including the economy, society and politics.
Trieste "City of Science" 2020:
Under the motto “Freedom for science, science for freedom”, Trieste will host the pan-European EuroScience Open Forum from July 4th to 10th, 2020. Every two years, the conference brings together over 4,000 researchers, politicians and entrepreneurs on research and innovation topics from Europe.
- Is language art English
- Burns silicone
- How do you bathe your cockatiel
- Did marriage make you happier
- How is an expression simplified in Mathematica
- How can insurance fraud be prevented
- People over 25 use Snapchat
- Ayurveda can treat chronic kidney disease
- Can we complain about water waste online?
- Do animals understand the concept of dreams
- What are waste disposal
- How do you deal with errors in microservices
- How popular are blogs
- What is Trump's opinion on the party platform
- Why do people like to feel bullied?
- What brand of guitar does Prince play
- How can you evacuate your tenant faster?
- What is binary thinking
- What is GitHub mainly used for?
- Is 10,000 steps enough exercise
- How does chemotherapy work
- University fees can be made free of charge
- What are the benefits of data abstraction
- What is the Russian word for actual