How does the Windows Task Manager work
This is how the Windows Task Manager works
With the task manager, Windows has a powerful tool for dealing with unruly or hidden programs and with Windows breakdowns. We are therefore introducing you to the Windows Task Manager in detail.
. The article comes from our sister publication PCtipp
You can usually tell which programs are started in Windows by looking at the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. There the opened windows are waiting for you to return to them with a mouse click or the key combination Alt + Tab.
This task bar does not show any programs that run invisibly in the background. The task manager is intended for this under Windows. From this you elicit information about processes that Windows is currently busy with.
Open and close the task manager
Most users use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open the Task Manager. However, this first starts the "Windows Security" dialog box, which, in addition to logging out and shutdown options, also has a button for starting the Task Manager.
You can save yourself this detour if you know the direct route to the task manager: Shift + Ctrl + Esc. Mouse fans can get there almost as quickly: simply right-click on an empty space on the taskbar and select TASK MANAGER.
Savior in an emergency: A very practical tool of the Task Manager is inconspicuously in the FILE menu. There you will find the command NEW TASK (EXECUTE). This is roughly the same as START / EXECUTE. This tool is your lifeline if Windows gets tangled up particularly badly and no longer even shows a start menu. Because the Task Manager works almost always when you call it up using a keyboard shortcut. So if you want to run a utility (e.g. the DOS window cmd.exe) to fix or research the Windows "hang", you can try starting it this way.
- What does an empty office look mean?
- What actually happens when you pass out
- How do acid and alkalinity differ?
- Can men get ovarian cancer?
- What is an EOD in the Navy
- Who were the Poquianchis
- How fast do cells divide
- Can we make an MDB at AIIMS
- How time-consuming is the founder institute
- Why is the Copenhagen interpretation wrong
- Who is the best gynecologist in Anantapur
- You can drink alcohol while taking metformin
- How to calculate the precession of the earth
- Why is the Tour de France so popular
- What are the core values of Twitters
- Sucks the Ukrainian Engineering University
- What is light intensity in photosynthesis
- Is Joe dead in Mafia 2
- In which situations are ultimatums appropriate
- How did Foursquare get its first traction
- Why don't we win ISIS
- Where's the Hotel California
- America has a spending problem
- What is the salary of TBBT writers