What does atheism teach
Lexicon for the Kirchentag Agnostics - and other views on God and faith
A Christian is a follower of Christianity. He is committed to Jesus of Nazareth and his teachings, which are handed down in the New Testament of the Bible. Part of the Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that Jesus took on the guilt and sins of mankind on the cross and that the believers are forgiven by his death. Christians also believe in the resurrection of the dead.
Atheist and agnostic
An atheist believes that there is no god or gods. An agnostic assumes that the existence of a supernatural being, a god, or gods can be assumed, but in principle cannot be rationalized or recognized. When asked whether there is God, an agnostic replies with "I don't know", "That is not clear" or "That cannot be answered". An atheist would answer this question in the negative and therefore could not be a believer. For the agnostic, on the other hand, ignorance does not preclude belief in a god or gods.
In addition to Christian, atheist and agnostic, there is also the term pagan. This is how people were and are often referred to who either belong to no religion or to another religion. It is not uncommon for the term to also serve to devalue members of other religions as unbelievers. So a pagan is by no means an unbeliever. Even those who believe in several gods or are followers of a natural religion are pagans and sometimes even call themselves that. However, representatives of these religions are now referred to as polytheists, new paganists or animists, for example.
Heretics and blasphemy
Anyone who takes a different view of the doctrine or the prevailing opinion within a religious community is considered a heretic. Anyone who publicly denies, mocks or curses the beliefs of a religion is doing blasphemy. While in Western countries many statements about belief, religion and God fall under the freedom of religion, opinion and speech, blasphemy is a criminal offense in other countries. In Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran it carries the death penalty.
- Which vintage iPhone took the best pictures
- Where did Walter Lewin go?
- Are the sentences geographically correct?
- What are closing costs
- What recordings should a dog have
- What are the German masses called
- How does currency manipulation work
- Classical music licensing
- If 5 + 2 + 3 15022, then what is 5 + 4 + 5
- What prevents inhumanity
- What is the best 410 shotgun
- Got the lottery numbers tonight
- How can I develop level-headed intelligence
- Where is the SAS
- Why is mango classified as a fruit
- What is the GeneXpert machine
- Why did Apple buy AuthenTec
- What are partial functions in Python
- Why protest outside of St. Pauls
- James Holzhauer is Indian
- Is apatheism more rational than atheism
- Do you have a tattoo on you
- How should lockers be allocated in the school?
- Are there homosexual Christians