What are Greek cookies
Melomakarona are traditional Greek Christmas cookies that are dipped in syrup after baking.
Rating: Ø 4.4 (1,064 votes)
Ingredients for 25 servings
Ingredients for the syrup
Ingredients for the dough
Ingredients for decoration
Required kitchen utensils
50 min. Total time 25 min. Preparation time 25 min. Cooking & resting time
- First rasp off the peel of the orange. Now bring the water with the orange peel, the sugar and the cinnamon stick to the boil and boil for 1 minute. Take the liquid off the stove, remove the cinnamon stick and dissolve the honey in the still hot liquid. Then chill the syrup.
- Mix the oil and orange juice together with the cinnamon, clove and baking powder. Next, add the flour and sugar and carefully mix everything with the hand mixer on the lowest level. Stop stirring as soon as all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Shape the dough into 25 oblong cookies - but do not knead the dough - and place on the baking sheet. Prick each meloma carona several times with a fork and bake the cookies for 25 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Pour the cooled syrup into a bowl, take the cookies out of the oven and dip the still hot cookies in the syrup and leave for about 1 minute. Then place the melomakarona on a wire rack, sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and let cool.
Tips on the recipe
In Greece, the melomakarona are dipped into the syrup for different lengths of time: Those who prefer a little crispier cookies only sprinkle the melomakarona with the syrup; those who like it softer and sweeter can dip them completely into the syrup and a little longer.
If some of the syrup is left over, you can freshen up older melomacarona by dipping them in again. Or you just add the syrup to your tea.
- How does L tyrosine help with tiredness
- Should I make the effort to attend elite schools
- Are cops better at evading cops
- Where can I study medical billing
- A perfect being can create imperfect things
- Who created Google Easter eggs
- Creates empathy for an individual narcissism
- How do infantrymen go to Sapper School
- What if Bollywood doesn't have a Shahrukh
- All essay writing services are fake
- How to reserve a domain name
- What are some common scams in Damascus
- Why does YouTube recommend kids videos
- When was Urdu born
- Should we be a good person
- How do cats get shiny coats
- May Moroccans Andalusia in southern Spain
- Is Bitcoin Legal in India 5
- Should I do my master’s degree abroad
- Who are the world's best Erlang experts
- Can I brand the name of my apps?
- Why Spotify for Free in India
- Why did Emperor Ashoka become a Buddhist
- The rising sign is more important
- How can I erase a list in memories
- What is meant by goody
- How do I make my own drone
- I have a word or two
- District prisons are worse places than prisons
- What is it like to be an agnostic
- What is it like to be a soldier
- Can I learn MS Excel online?
- Which organism should we be concerned about?