Are dreams good for your health
The world of dreams
Dreams can have an impact on daytime well-being. Nightmares usually leave you feeling uncomfortable, while pleasant dreams can create feelings of happiness or motivate you to be creative. You can also encourage people to change their behavior. However, the effect of nightmares on wellbeing has been more scientifically studied than that of positive dreams. Feelings that are felt in dreams could also have to do with everyday stress and serve to process situations and prepare for new ones.
Dealing with your own dream events can also help you to get to know each other better or to use dreams for creativity. In order to be able to deal with dreams at all, the memory of them is necessary. This can be trained. Keeping a dream journal helps with this. It is a good idea to place a booklet and a pen right next to the bed. Because immediately after waking up, dreams are best remembered.
If there are psychological complaints, it is advisable to seek professional help (e.g. from a psychotherapist or a specialist in psychiatry).
From dream interpretation to modern psychotherapy
Interpreting dreams has fascinated people of all ages. To interpret dream contents with an associated generalized interpretation, however, is neither scientific nor timely. In today's psychotherapy, working with dreams has received increasing attention in recent years. Dream theories of various psychotherapeutic methods are also used for psychological complaints. Nowadays people tend to assume the individual meaning of dreams. With questions such as: “What does this dream mean for you?” Or “How does this dream feel to you now?”, The patient may be able to give meaning to his / her own dreams, which can be used to cope with life. Nightmares - as well as any underlying trauma - can be worked on.
Lucid dreams: what is it?
Lucid dreaming or lucid dreaming characterizes a dream that becomes conscious in the meantime. That means, you dream and know that you are dreaming. Through this form of consciousness there is the possibility of influencing the dream event. The lucid dreaming developed from the Gestalt theory. Gestalt theory is a scientific theory that originated in Gestalt psychology. Gestalt psychology deals, among other things, with perception. It is possible to acquire lucid dreaming skills and use them for personal development or for problem solving. Lucid dreams are also used therapeutically, e.g. to cope with nightmares. Dealing with lucid dreams has not yet been fully researched scientifically.
- All autistic adults need a babysitter
- Can MD5 hash be decrypted
- Who is the current opposition leader?
- How can I convince people quickly
- What is the greatest secret of Christianity
- Does UZH Zurich differ from ETH Zurich?
- Which Stray Kids member did each macaw have
- Who is lazy today
- Certain medications can affect fertility
- What causes early puberty in boys
- What is the opposite of goods
- How is PWD Delhi related to CPWD
- What is a Freeze in Google Sheets
- What is choice for me
- Antivirus programs stop the Wanna Cry virus
- How do catchy tunes work
- Can water bite you
- What percentage of offenders are psychopaths?
- American paper currency is ugly
- What factors affect the lifespan of a plant
- What is the best topic for concrete
- Can be sent form SSA 1724
- What are the principles of infection prevention
- What are the best books on goose skin