What does bipolar hypomania disorder mean
Psychiatry, psychosomatics & psychotherapy
What is Bipolar Disease?
Bipolar disorders are severe, chronic mental illnesses that are characterized by manic and depressive mood swings. The mania presents itself as an exaggerated feeling of excitement and those affected are mostly overactive, euphoric or irritable at the same time. This phase is followed by more or less pronounced depression, with a depressed mood, listlessness and sadness. The mood swings occur episodically and independently of the current life situation.
If the mood swings are personality traits without serious consequences for the person concerned and the environment, one speaks of "cyclothymia". However, if these phases are more pronounced, i.e. longer phases of depression alternate with manic phases with high spirits, significantly increased thirst for action and irritability, which have negative consequences for the person concerned, one speaks of manic-depressive illness.
It is estimated that around 1 to 3% of the population is affected. Women and men get sick with the same frequency. Many patients experience their first episode of the disease around the age of 18, but usually the disorder is not recognized until later.
The causes of the disease are not fully understood. Hereditary predisposition and external influences such as stressful events seem to play a certain role. An above-average number of creative people suffer from bipolar illness.
Technical support: Prof. Dr. Gregor Hasler, Bern (SGPP) and Prof. Dr. med. Michael Bauer, Dresden (DGPPN), Dr. Roger Pycha, Bruneck (SIP)
- European countries have nuclear weapons
- What does the separation from reality do?
- Why does joining a self-help group work?
- Why aren't you saved today?
- What is a google classroom
- How do I keep my friendships alive
- Why should I buy auto accessories
- How much does a disney world vacation cost
- What are the research trends in marketing
- Why do my cats fight so much
- Are our thoughts viewed as karma?
- How does chemotherapy work
- Which environments can herbivorous dinosaurs adapt to?
- How do we get biomass
- How do you feel about horror music
- President Obama left Israel
- What is roast
- Have you ever seen grass grow
- Carrot juice can cause glowing skin
- Is Adrian a common name
- Why are there only three credit bureaus?
- Why is the Zoom G3X processor no longer available?
- Dharak versus Sairat, which is better
- What are some aircraft names
- What is and in ReactJS
- What should Justin Trudeau do now
- A free falling clock slows down
- How do I calculate the unit economy
- Will Android ever take over iOS
- Are there night shift jobs in Lahore
- Can a person go mad with pain
- How has society improved since the Roman times
- Does Pierce Brosnan look like Ronald Reagan
- What does PWBPD stand for