What are the requirements of computational linguistics
Computational Linguistics (ISCL)
The International Degree in Computational Linguistics (ISCL) combines traditionally language-oriented humanities areas with future-oriented methods and content in computer science. It is primarily geared towards practical experience in the course of study.
Computational Linguistics ...
Language and Computer - An Unequal Couple? For us as humans, language is just as common as it is indispensable. On the other hand, we often experience computers as not particularly intelligent, especially when they dare to use language. Who doesn't amuse themselves at the whimsical results of automatic translators? The areas in which the computer can handle language quite well, such as spell checking, Internet search engines, or reading texts aloud, appear less prominent.
Computational linguistics is concerned with considering and examining language logically. The acquired understanding of language can then be “taught” to a computer. The applications are extremely diverse, from innovative software for language lessons to new types of search engines. Language and computer are already an unequal pair - but computational linguistics helps them to pull themselves together.
But that's not all: All of this is available as an exciting course in International Studies in Computational Linguistics (ISCL) at the University of Tübingen. The Bachelor and Master course is a consciously designed combination of the humanities and the natural sciences. The bachelor's degree not only teaches the basics of linguistics and programming skills - courses such as parsing, text technology and grammar formalisms as well as a large number of seminars on current research topics explicitly establish the connection between linguistics and computer science.
ISCL can convince not only with content but also with a coherent environment. Due to the international orientation you meet young people from all over the world. Requirements for the course are knowledge of English and an interest in logical and analytical thinking. Programming skills are not required.
With a good bachelor's degree, our graduates are of course open to a postgraduate master’s degree. This can be done both in Tübingen and at another university in Germany or abroad. The career prospects range from employment in small software companies or publishing houses to research departments in large companies. Those who are more interested in scientific work can do a doctorate.
- Why am I such a risk taker
- Why content is important to brands
- What does Peter Thiel think of Quora
- Tabby cats are very lucky
- How do we reduce the world's population
- Why people don't apologize for their mistakes
- How can insurance fraud be prevented
- Which is the best school in Mysore
- Should I stop and go home
- What does 2011 have in store for LinkedIn
- How we can track any number
- Inspired Napoleon Hitler
- Why do some children eat toothpaste
- Are there ads on Spotify Premium
- Confident Narcissists What Makes You Happy
- Which valve is better electrical or pneumatic
- Who is Vegito
- Is there anything that uses fish scales
- What are some books about big heads
- Freelance to make money
- What is myocardial infarction
- Does someone benefit from LinkedIn
- How did Taylor Swift stay famous?
- Why do I no longer feel like painting?