Turbo Boost damages your processor
How to prevent Turbo Boost on MacBook Pro
The Turbo Boost of the Intel processors is both a blessing and a curse, especially for MacBook notebooks. Of course, the increased performance also increases the energy requirement and the fans run at full speed. As a result, the MacBook will be warmer and louder than usual, and the battery will last significantly less. To prevent this, you can simply deactivate Turbo Boost on the Mac.
Note: Additional software must be downloaded for the instructions. This ensures that the Turbo Boost is deactivated / activated by loading and unloading the kernel extension. Since this is a third party app, it should be used with caution. We therefore recommend that you create a backup beforehand.
How to disable Turbo Boost on Mac
Open Safari on your Mac and download the Turbo Boost Switcher app from rugarciap (available for free or as a Pro version). You may need to bypass the GateKeeper. For macOS versions prior to Sierra, click on the Apple logo in the menu bar and select "System Preferences". Then open the item “Security” and click on the “General” tab. Then click on the lock at the bottom left, enter your password and select "No restrictions". (Otherwise click the app with the right mouse button and then select "Open" from the context menu.)
Now start the Turbo Boost Switcher. This should be in your download folder by default. A new symbol now appears in the menu bar. Click on it and disable Turbo Boost on the Mac by clicking on "Disable Turbo Boost". You will be asked for your password to confirm the change.
Your Mac will no longer automatically start Turbo Boost and thus will not use as much energy. Another positive side effect associated with deactivation is the lower level of heat development and radiation.
Activate the Turbo Boost again
Just as easily as described, the Turbo Boost can also be reactivated on the Mac. To do this, click on the app symbol in the menu bar and then select "Enable Turbo Boost". Everything is back to normal.
- Kills detergent from lawn maggots
- Why did Facebook take over Onavo
- Which state first introduced the GST in India?
- How do I keep my blood pressure up
- Does global warming affect worms?
- Which countries are currently using market socialism?
- Is protein powder okay on keto
- How is hip pain a pregnancy symptom
- Nescafe Sunrise or Nescafe Classic
- What is the reputation of Lux Capitals
- Consume updates phone memory
- How many Pepsi products are failing
- What is ASUS VivoBook
- Why are all the good ones taken
- Other animals become attached to humans
- Soto Babon is made of monkeys
- What causes Entamoeba histolytica
- How do I organize my WordPress website
- Which democratic presidential candidate dominates
- Why are they ruining Game Of Thrones
- How does Guinness beer taste
- K is pop cultural appropriation
- How does travel make you smarter
- Did Twitter fail 1