Offer IITs BSc courses
Applied Biology (B.Sc.)
Our students learn and research in modern laboratories in the fields of fluorescence-based flow cytometry (FACS), PCR application and the antibody-based detection method (ELISA). The Applied Biology (B.Sc.) course focuses on modern subjects and techniques in biomedicine, such as genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology and clinical research.
Practical training is an important part of the course: the internships take place on modern equipment, as can be found in everyday life in biomedical research. This includes fluorescence microscopes, PCR devices, FACS machines and patch clamp workstations.
Manageable group sizes and a balanced student-lecturer ratio are the basis for a pleasant learning and working atmosphere. Internationality is very important to us: We maintain cooperation with partner universities all over the world, where you can complete one or more semesters abroad.
Good reasons for the bachelor's degree in Applied Biology (B.Sc.)
- Excellent technical infrastructure
- Modern, well-equipped laboratories
- Innovative learning methods
- Mentoring programs
- Practical projects
- Semester abroad
- Double degree possible
Perspectives and job prospects
Our scientifically based and practice-oriented training opens up a wide range of career opportunities in biologically oriented industry and administration, in business and in biomedical and pharmaceutical research and development.
Building on the Bachelor's degree, the university offers the English-language Master's degree in Biomedical Science (M.Sc.).
Required language skills
All courses are held in English.
We offer our bachelor's degree in Applied Biology (B.Sc.) on the Rheinbach campus. The Rheinbach campus is located in North Rhine-Westphalia and can be easily reached by public transport from Cologne, Bonn, Düsseldorf or Koblenz. Study and research with us on a modern campus with exclusively equipped laboratories.
At a glance
- What do you miss about your business
- What year did James and Lily die?
- How close are cell phone towers
- What makes Denmark a good place for a honeymoon
- Google Photos is going away in 2019
- Who was responsible for popularizing Van Gogh
- How do the vital functions vary over the lifespan
- How does sciatica affect menstruation
- Why do people fear being left out?
- What are some examples of synthetic compounds
- Is pH 6 8 acidic or basic
- Expensive make-up is actually worth it
- Who is the smarter Reed Richard or Shuri
- What are time crystals
- What's your rating of Fitbit One
- Huawei's foldable phone is a big deal
- Why are quarks energies unstable
- What a classic car is that
- Which is better Udaipur or Mountabu
- How was Steven Spielberg's childhood
- How should I deal with expectations
- What is the independent variable
- What fossil fuel is gasoline made of
- Why do teapot spouts drip?