How will RAM prices fall in 2018
Memory prices: Significant price decline for RAM expected for Q1 / 2019
The trend is already clearly downwards and it could get worse. Analysts assume that the now slowly falling prices for RAM could gain momentum significantly in the first quarter of the new year.
As the market leader, Samsung was able to deliver even more memory chips in the third quarter, and the production volume was also increased once again. So far, the price has remained largely stable or even increased slightly, but the turnaround has slowly set in in the market. Because with October and thus at the beginning of the new quarter, a price decline slowly set in, which is not only expected to continue over the next few weeks, but even to increase. Average prices had already fallen by ten percent in October.
At the storage exchange of DRAMeXchange the spot prices fell to 6 US dollars per 1 gigabyte DRAM chip in the second week of November, but the average was still 6.78 US dollars. But this, too, is a further three percent decrease compared to last week.
Intel's CPU shortage results in excess RAM
The shortage of Intel CPUs due to manufacturing problems also indirectly increases the oversupply of DRAM. New reports from Asia say Intel will deliver up to two million fewer processors to the DIY market in the fourth quarter. This only has an indirect influence on RAM sales, because the bottom line is that Intel does not produce fewer chips: OEMs are given preference with high-end processors, which, as we know, also need DRAM. But processors are lacking in retail, while RAM is still available. The oversupply leads to falling prices there.
Retail prices are falling slowly but steadily
The price reductions are also being felt in this country. DDR4-2666 is easily available for around 7 euros per gigabyte, even faster DDR4-3000 hardly costs more at 7.20 euros per gigabyte, the sample kit with 16 GB is available for just under 115 euros. From DDR4-3200 the price increases to at least 8 euros per gigabyte, but from 9 euros per gigabyte there is already DDR4-3600. The market has moved very closely together in these cycle areas, and a large number of manufacturers are competing for customers with even more modules. From DDR4-4000 it becomes expensive and clear: 13, 14 euros and more then have to be taken in hand.
- Volker Rißka Email... has been writing about CPUs, their architectures and manufacturing processes as well as mainboards and RAM since 2002.
- Which digital marketing strategies are the most unethical?
- Are scientists underpaid
- Are sharks territorial
- How do music producers listen to music
- How does porn help prevent rape
- How do I find civilian jobs in government
- How do I call my manager
- How can I concentrate fully on learning?
- The Yankees should sign Manny Machado
- What is a great fit
- Will Edward Snowden ever get caught?
- Taylor Swift is a country artist
- Stray cats leave their territory
- If you choose life consciously
- What are some melodic heavy metal bands
- How many trees are climate neutral
- What is shallow learning
- Why are narcissists delusional?
- Black Panther movie is popular in Africa
- What was Bitlys revenue in 2014
- Which printer is called a green printer
- People with BPD go to therapy
- Is C12H22O11 polar or non-polar covalent
- Which animal is the 1st