Which is more dangerous driving or boating
How dangerous are rubber dinghies on the Isar and Danube?
Dangerous suction from large ships
Andreas Schicho from the DLRG Regensburg explains that "floating" has been popular in other counties and regions for years, for example in the Ulm area. "You drift down a river more or less passively with utensils and like to drink alcohol", says Schicho.
The DRLG advises against trying this on the Danube near Regensburg because it is too dangerous - especially when the paddlers come too close to a large ship. For them it is difficult to evade or brake in time if the paddlers come too close. Schicho also explains: "A suction effect can make it impossible to paddle away and the rubber unicorn or the like and the crew can be sucked under the ship. In the worst case, the propeller at the stern will do the rest."
The alcohol limit also applies on the water
The spokesman for the water police recommends that all paddlers wear at least a life jacket so as not to go under in an emergency. He also gives rubber dinghy riders the tip when paddling on the Danube on the edge of the fairway or even outside the gullies so as not to get in the way of the larger ships. "You have to be clear that otherwise you can represent a potential hazard for yourself and for others," said Zitzelsberger.
On federal waterways such as the Danube, inflatable rafters also have some obligations. A captain or boat driver must be appointed who bears responsibility and has to adhere to certain rules such as the alcohol limit, just as in road traffic. For this reason, the group leader of the diving club has also received a criminal complaint. He and some other people are said to have been drunk in the accident on the Danube near Kelheim.
Better to switch to Naab or rain
Schicho advises water sports enthusiasts to prefer floating or paddling on smaller rivers such as Naab or Regen or the lakes of the region. "That way you don't even get in the way of small and large motorized boats and ships."
Anyone who sees paddlers or bathers on the water and is not sure whether they are in danger or just fooling around should still pick up their cell phone too often and alert the rescue service or the police, says Schicho. "If it is obviously a serious incident, the following applies above all: self-protection first. And with that: no heroic deeds! Send an emergency call, use available life-saving appliances, if necessary warn other boat crews or ask for help."
- Russia currently operates stealth aircraft
- Is time travel possible or not Why
- What makes a man a good kisser
- What is your OS-based programming workflow
- How is coal not renewable
- How did Roman Reigns choose his name?
- How would a hybrid neural network behave
- What is Mamata Bannerjee doing
- How does Keybase work
- How is the scale of the models calculated
- Who's in the band The Lumineers
- Who is rich and generous
- What's your favorite acoustic cover
- What is the best country for tourists
- Are there direct competitors to Facebook
- How many people have the same password?
- How many of you understand basic duties
- Which are not mutually exclusive
- What is an FPV drone
- What is giclee printing
- Bangalore airport is haunted
- How was Satya Nadella at school
- How does eating animal protein cause constipation
- Who is the father of plastic surgery