What was Dante Alighieri's view of Islam
Mohammed in Hell: Italy puts Dante's grave under protection
In the "Divine Comedy" the prophet Mohammed burns as a schismatic in hell. His grave is considered a possible target for terrorist attacks.
The Italian police are taking special security precautions for the grave of the national poet Dante Alighieri in Ravenna. The reason: In his masterpiece "The Divine Comedy" (La Divina Commedia), the most famous Italian poet banished the prophet Mohammed to hell as a schismatic.
In Dante's masterpiece, Mohammed is in the ninth circle of hell and, like other founders of conflict, walks in a torn figure, his body is torn to shreds by devils and is constantly being recreated. Passages from the "Divine Comedy" are considered particularly hostile to Islam.
The grave is closely monitored - as is St. Mark's Basilica
After the attack on the Italian consulate in Cairo, it was decided to keep Dante's grave in Ravenna under strict surveillance for fear of fundamentalist attacks.
According to the Italian police, the possible targets of terrorist attacks include the St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, Palazzo Pitti in Florence, the Basilica of St. Petronius in Bologna and the Vatican.
With his epic verse "The Divine Comedy", Dante (1265 - 1321) created a three-dimensional image of heaven, hell and purgatory, combining the historical, scientific and philosophical knowledge of his time. May marked the 750th anniversary of Dante's birthday. The poet who formed the Italian national language was celebrated especially in his native city of Florence.
(APA / dpa)
- What truth exists about the invasive technology of the mind
- Who was Louis Pasteur
- What does success mean for baby boomers
- What is an online training course
- How does the degree of length determine the time
- What is your favorite Australian music
- What is access
- Which is better DTU or JU
- What are the harmful effects of fertilizers
- Cirrhosis leads to splenomegaly
- Global companies have too much power
- What is the psychology behind mob lynching
- Why are bank tellers known as cashiers
- Ft Lauderdale is fun for young adults
- Why turn signals are orange
- What is the demographics of Assad's Syria like
- What makes Nigeria so unique
- Do not fear death sickly
- Will computer generated writing replace human writing?
- What are insurance companies
- What is the cheetah's circulatory system
- Support a sensible trophy hunt
- Is Neymar a soldier
- Why is Muhammad Iqbal patriotic towards Pakistan?
- What does the red police siren mean
- Why should Britain poison Skripal?
- Are actors and actresses eccentric
- Break resin easily
- Who produced the film First Man
- Why is my ex acting weird
- Successful people have big egos
- Growing a beard causes hair loss
- What is the use of tree set