What are self-defense skills
Self-defense - it all starts with self-confidence
People with disabilities usually feel helpless and at the mercy of their counterparts in critical situations. But they too have good opportunities to ward off attacks - or even better - to avoid them altogether.
A familiar situation: after a concert or a visit to the theater in the evening, you go home. Unfortunately, this path leads through a dark, deserted area. And suddenly you wonder if the person behind you is not speeding up and you start catching up. Everyone here has a bad feeling, especially people with a disability. But what should they do?
The focus is certainly on prevention. It is important to avoid critical situations in advance. Lively and well-lit places and paths should be chosen in public spaces. Unfortunately, this is not always possible and is not helpful in preventing violence in the private sphere.
People with disabilities often find it difficult to remember develop healthy self-confidence. But that is precisely what is necessary in order to be able to face an attacker with determination. Because the perpetrators assume that victims with disabilities cannot defend themselves. A positive self-esteem with resolute resistance unsettles the perpetrator. In self-defense, it is important to be aware of your strengths and to develop a positive self-image - as in other areas of life.
Training for women and girls
For women and girls, there are courses specially tailored to their needs, such as WenDo courses. In these courses they learn Self defense as a whole. This begins with exercises for personal awareness and verbal defense. It also shows how women manage not to be forced into the role of victims. In addition, techniques are taught how the ability to act is maintained in fearful situations and how Body as a weapon can be used. The courses among women offer good opportunities to exchange and discuss experiences with one another.
One form of self-defense that is independent of gender is ESDO. This self defense sport is especially good for people with a physical handicap suitable. Because the training in the sport does not follow rigid procedures, but is individually designed. This allows you to train the techniques from different martial arts that best suit your own physical abilities. Your own weight, physical strength and range are optimally used in the technology. In addition, the Attack energy used by the opponent. The self-defense technique is therefore just as suitable for people who are dependent on a wheelchair as it is for other physically inferior people. ESDO can also be used as a rehab sport. In general, it can be said that other martial arts are also suitable for people with disabilities. However, it is advisable to clarify beforehand what is compatible with the respective disability.
Targeted weapons Using it as a defense is tricky. It is easy to injure yourself with a firearm or a stabbing weapon or it can be stolen by the attacker and directed against the victim. If such weapons are used “successfully” and the perpetrator is injured, it can serious legal consequences for the users of the gun. If anything, items like Kubotan are more suitable. This is an approximately 13 cm long metal pin that creates pressure at points on the opponent's body without injuring it. The best way to illustrate how it works is to press a ballpoint pen against the back of your hand. Other accessible objects such as spoons, flashlights and so on can be equally effective. But walking aids such as crutches and sticks are also useful means of defense. In general, it must be stated that Guns only make sense if you can really handle them.
However, it remains -Defense techniques are most effective when they do not have to be used in the first place. Whenever possible, it is important to avoid arguments.
Is this article worth reading?
- Will an inner cat survive outside
- What does the Punjabi word Jismani mean
- What makes Sweden unique
- What are the requirements of computational linguistics
- How do I understand camp
- In which aquarium can I see hammerhead sharks?
- Is altitude 7000 feet healthy
- What is a variable identifier
- What are the human resource planning systems
- What are the advanced tools in Java
- Are extraterrestrial UFO cover-ups actually true?
- Is USANA's business model an MLM
- Is Facebook's Libra decentralized or centralized
- What is Germany doing with its surplus?
- What kind of nutrient is fiber
- What are self-defense skills
- Where is the University of Texas
- In which language is GraphQL written
- What is explosive anger
- Is pacifism cowardice
- What are the biggest Iranian sayings
- What does it mean to play the martyr?
- Which means as if
- How does cannabis lead to spiritual growth
- Can rotate a twin rotor helicopter automatically
- What is similar to ChaCha
- What is the smallest measurable quantity in physics
- What are the benefits of data abstraction
- You can code pixel perfect designs
- What is good for weakness
- Are legacy approvals constitutional? Are they nepotism?
- What does Madarjaat mean
- How are you going to treat who you love
- What's the worst about chemistry