Why do you love macOS
Note: We have used commission links in this article and marked them with "*". If an order is placed via these links, t3n.de receives a commission.
In the latest beta version of macOS 10.15.5, Apple has built a function to conserve the battery. iOS users already know this.
Apple's second developer beta version of macOS Catalina 10.15.5 includes an innovation that was previously withheld from iOS. macOS is designed to intelligently manage battery charging for longer battery life. So far, this has only been possible with the iPhone with iOS, but not with Apple's desktop operating system.
The function is intended to reduce the chemical aging of the battery and thereby extend its service life.
No throttling of the Macs by the Battery Health Management
The new macOS function is reminiscent of the optimized charging implemented in iOS. So it is not a matter of throttling the computer's performance. This had caused a lot of trouble for Apple in iOS because the user was initially not informed at all that a bad battery also meant that the performance of the iPhone was reduced. It was only after this process was launched that Apple decided, under public pressure, to implement an option.
The so-called Battery Health Management of macOS aims to monitor the temperature of the battery and the charging pattern in order to reduce the maximum charge depending on usage. If the battery is not fully charged, it will age more slowly. The function can also be deactivated to extend the runtime.
Battery Health Management from macOS only on devices with Thunderbolt 3
Battery health management is only supported on Macbook Air and Macbook Pro models that have Thunderbolt 3 ports. The function is still only included in the beta of macOS Catalina 10.15.5, in which it is activated by default. It is not known when the final version of 10.15.5 will be released.
Apple will probably already present macOS 10.16 in summer 2020, albeit only virtually at the WWDC developer event instead of at a large public event. The corona pandemic also made this face-to-face event impossible.
The author of the article is Michael Linden.
You might be interested in that too
- What is the true color of God
- Who started the alt-left movement
- What is the product of symmetric matrices
- Who is Jimmy Iovine
- Have you ever seen grass grow
- How do I get past the NREMT
- Are social media websites causing smartphone addiction?
- What is big data in simple terms
- What is the listing in Objective C.
- Where do I start freelance learning
- What is self-service analytics
- What is photodynamic death
- What does it mean to charge crystals
- What will Radiohead's legacy be
- Which Turkish cities are booming
- How do I secure the WordPress business website
- How can I do a freelance networking?
- Mental health can be genetic
- What are the latest developments in radiography
- What does return mean in French
- What are the contributions of Moughal
- How strict is the College of Engineering Chengannur
- How did Huawei become a smartphone giant
- How do the Indians worship Ganesha