What do we eat and wear
Why we love dogs, eat pigs, and carry cows
In her groundbreaking book Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Raise Cows, Melanie Joy examines how we come to regard some animals as friends and others as food without our being able to reasonably justify this distinction.
Joy explains the complex social and psychological mechanisms by which certain living things become food in our eyes. And it shows that these mechanisms work subliminally, similar to other forms of discrimination. She coined her own term for the invisible belief system that is rooted in it: Karnismus.
So why we love dogs, eat pigs, and raise cows is not just another book that tells us why we shouldn't eat meat. Instead, it tells us why we are doing it and gives us the opportunity to look at our consumption decisions from a different perspective.
Melanie Joy is Professor of Psychology and Sociology at the University of Massachusetts in Boston. The PhD social psychologist and Harvard graduate has been involved in the animal rights movement for 20 years and advises activists around the world on topics such as effective advocacy, non-violent communication and strategies for social change.
Order from Amazon
- Do religions by nature exclude other religions?
- Which president married his cousin
- What's the best game you have ever beaten
- Which sentence has drawn you for life
- Like who calls cocktails
- Why does Spotify have a new logo
- How is PIBM
- Is it true that the avocado is patented?
- Should I be worried after doing the self diagnosis
- How can I create a quantum algorithm
- How toxic are Grignard reagents
- How can I crack the UPPCS 2020
- How wide is the Big Ben Tower
- Can trazadone cause diverticulitis
- How can improving supplier relationships improve compliance?
- What does Sindhu Satish need right now
- How much money does PUBG
- How do existentialists see libertarianism
- Which is better Scorpio or Bolero
- Have you tried earning with CryptoTab?
- What makes guys masturbate
- Which countries have produced remarkable films?
- Are Germany and Poland culturally different
- Is the H 264 lossy or lossless