How can ecologists help preserve our environment
Living sustainably: how can I make the world a better place?
EU organic seal and German organic seal
More than 60,000 products are labeled with the German organic seal. So it is not only widespread, but also very well known. Around 90 percent of consumers are familiar with the seal, which was introduced in 2001. The same guidelines apply to this and the EU organic label. The EU directives are "optional requirements", which are generally adhered to. Only five percent of the ingredients in the award-winning products may come from conventional cultivation. Genetically modified organisms are prohibited, but additives that have been manufactured accordingly may continue to be used. Pesticides are forbidden, but chemical-synthetic pesticides and artificial fertilizers are allowed.
The animal feed in fattening and dairy farms should be organically produced, but the farms are allowed to buy feed - provided they document it. The animals must have exercise in the open air as often as possible. Farmers are also asked to give sick animals "preferential treatment" with herbal or homeopathic medicines.
Sustainable production - such as making sure to use as little water as possible - is not controlled with the seal. The system is largely monitored. Products with the organic seal correspond to a minimum organic standard.
- Cheap phones are worth the money
- Why not individually wrapped pop tarts
- How does the AFL draft work
- What are some examples of normative ethics
- Why are team building activities carried out
- Where's Eva
- What is begging on the internet
- Why can we harm others?
- Why do I love Zappos so much
- What is the best coin portfolio tracking tool
- Why India is better than Pakistan 1
- Can be soulmate friends
- Have you ever eaten migas
- Can you describe the members of 2PM?
- Tensorflow becomes Skynet
- What were the goals of Benito Mussolini
- Can people release electrons
- Is wisdom worth striving for
- What is the angle of internal friction
- What factors affect the lifespan of a plant
- Where would mathematics be without physics?
- Deer eat rose bushes
- What does bipolar hypomania disorder mean
- The furrow spider is poisonous