A motor can work without a magnet
Why not a perpetual motion machine through magnetic force?
The explanation is provided by Alois Loidl from the Chair of Experimental Physics V at the University of Augsburg: “Magnets can indeed do work through attraction or repulsion, but that is exactly what you have to use to separate or bring them closer. This is why this system cannot be converted into a cycle that continuously supplies energy, ”explains Loidl.
Energy yield - no news
The famous perpetual motion machine cannot conjure up magnets either. It is a fictional construction that once started, remains in motion forever and does work without having to be supplied with external energy. Unfortunately, this dream of generating energy remains a fiction because it contradicts the law of conservation of energy: the total energy of a closed system does not change.
"In order to create a permanent magnet, you first have to put energy into it," emphasizes Loidl. Magnetizable substances consist of many small magnetic particles, the elementary magnets. Usually their orientation is disordered, like many tiny compass needles pointing in different directions. The magnetic fields cancel each other out and there is no magnetic effect. For the production of a permanent magnet, the particles of a magnet must therefore be rectified using energy. This happens in a strong electromagnetic field that is generated by electricity. “This work of magnetization then remains in the magnet, so to speak,” says Loidl.
With its magnetic force, the permanent magnet can then attract other ferromagnetic substances. "In doing so, he does work, but that is exactly what you have to spend again to bring about a separation against the force," says Loidl. The energy balance therefore remains at zero - unfortunately no energy can be obtained from the system.
Do you also have a question? Just send us an email to:
- ClojureScript What is ClojureScriptOne
- What are some Italian suffixes
- How do I read India since independence
- What are instant student loans
- How can I get LastPass for free
- Which toy is the most child-friendly?
- How does an alto saxophone sound
- How was the airplane invented
- What is a This is India moment
- How can we make glitter biodegradable?
- What is the unit of absolute temperature
- What if aliens kidnap you
- What is empirical
- What are some national holidays in Denmark
- Can I receive goods without an invoice?
- What was Freud's first name
- What should we strive for
- Cardano ADA has lost its potential
- Thyroid gland What are the symptoms of an overactive thyroid gland
- Can a nuclear winter stop global warming?
- Why was Henry VI. So weak
- How low are IQ tests 1
- What is Lil Suzy's most successful song
- Is Toppr useful