Who was the Cihuacoatl
The Cihuacóatl (Nahuatlcihuācōātl, IPA [si.waː.ˈkoː.waːtɬ] meaning either "female twin / companion" or "female snake") had the function of a "vice-emperor" of the Aztec empire. Despite the linguistic element “female” in the title, this function was only performed by men. Nothing is known about the earliest holder of the office until Moctezuma I became Tlatoani and his half-brother Tlacaelel I was appointed Cihuacóatl. From then on, the office always remained in the hands of his descendants.
The Cihuacóatl known by name were Tlacaélel I, his sons Tlilpotonqui and Cacama and his grandsons Tlacaélel II and Tlacotzin, who was also Tlatoani from 1525–1526.
The Cihuacóatl was the second most powerful man in the Aztec Empire. The offices of this high dignitary were varied: he was the highest war judge and civil judge, he was responsible for the administration of the crown treasure. It was he who suggested warriors to the emperor for promotions and awards, he set up campaigns and their leaders. When the emperor died he convened the Council of State to elect a successor and filled the office of head of state during the interregnum. When the emperor left Tenochtitlán, the cihuacóatl moved into the imperial palace and represented the tlatoani. Only the emperor received more honors. For example, only the Cihuacóatl was allowed to step in front of the emperor without having taken off his shoes beforehand. All in all, he was a double of the emperor and his black and white coat immediately followed the blue-green des tlatoani as a sign of power.
- Manuel Aguilar-Moreno: Handbook to Life in the Aztec World, Oxford University Press, USA 2007, ISBN 0195330838
- ↑ Manuel Aguilar-Moreno: Handbook to Life in the Aztec World, P. 86
Status of information: 11/22/2020 10:24:48 AM CET
Source: Wikipedia (authors [version history]) License: CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All images and most of the design elements associated with them have been removed. Some of the icons have been replaced by FontAwesome icons. Some templates have been removed (such as "Article worth reading", "Excellent article") or rewritten. Most of the CSS classes have been removed or standardized.
Wikipedia-specific links that do not lead to articles or categories (such as "Redlink", "Edit links", "Portal links") have been removed. All external links have an additional FontAwesome icon. In addition to other small design adjustments, media containers, maps, navigation boxes, spoken versions and geo-microformats have been removed.
Important NOTE Since the given content was automatically taken over from Wikipedia at the specified time, manual checking was and is not possible. LinkFang.org therefore does not guarantee the correctness and topicality of the content taken over. If the information is now incorrect or there are errors in the presentation, we ask you to contact us by: E-Mail.
- How do I fix mouth ulcers
- America is similar to Hitler Germany
- What is innovative finance
- How is the comparison made in Finnish
- 5 GHz WiFi is good enough for gaming
- Amdocs' written test is easy
- What do you know about SBI
- How do they cut black tar heroin
- Can Internet use add to loneliness
- What is mechanical kitchen equipment
- When will we have a peaceful world?
- Who sang the song All I Love
- Lives South Africa under communism
- What do Bulgarians think of Kosovo?
- How heavy is a wild cat
- What are the amazing facts about bats
- What is the best font for articles
- Always carry a bank card with you
- How does the human ankle work
- What are your favorite DIY YouTube channels
- How do desktop applications connect to servers
- What weapons are made in North Korea
- Why alternating current comes into the inverter
- What is an endothermic system