Should not passing residents be allowed to vote
General information on state elections
In Austria, the state parliaments are elected in accordance with electoral principles and proportional representation.
The number of members of parliament is specified in the state constitutions and depends on the number of inhabitants in the respective state. The legislative period is not the same in all countries; it amounts to five or six years.
It exists no compulsory voting!
Active voting rights
Are actively entitled to vote, i.e. entitled to vote
- all Austrian citizens,
- those on election day at least 16 years old are,
- are not excluded from the right to vote, and
- basically have their main residence in the respective federal state.
In Burgenland, if there is no main residence there, the existence of a ("qualified") residence is sufficient under certain conditions. In this case, a place of residence is deemed to be a place where the person entitled to vote has established himself with the demonstrable or resulting intention of making this the center of his economic, professional, family or social life. At least two of these criteria must be met. The prerequisites for such a place of residence are in any case not met if the stay is only for recreational, spa or vacation purposes or is obviously only temporary for other reasons, and if the person is not registered in the municipality in accordance with registration regulations.
In Lower Austria, Tyrol and Vorarlberg it is basically also possible as Austrians abroad to be entitled to vote if the (main) residence was in the relevant federal state before the (main) residence was moved abroad.
Please inform yourself in good time about the right to vote on the website of the respective state government.
Only those entitled to vote whose names are in the final can participate in an election Electoral roll are included, participate.
In the electoral roll you can Take a look or against Raise an objection. More on this can be found under "Registration of eligible voters (voter register, electoral roll)".
Voting in elections at the state level is also possible with a Voting card possible (in those polling stations in the country that accept voting cards, or using Postal vote also outside the national borders). If necessary, the Visit by the special electoral authority be requested.
Deadlines and procedures for applying for voting cards can be regulated differently from state to state. The state electoral authority of the respective federal state provides details on this.
Passive voting rights
Passively entitled to vote, i.e. entitled to stand for candidacy
- all Austrian citizens,
- those on election day at least 18 years old are,
- are not excluded from the right to vote and
- generally have their main residence in a municipality in the respective federal state.
In some federal states (e.g. Burgenland), as with the right to vote, the existence of a qualified residence is sufficient under certain conditions. Please inform yourself about the right to stand in good time on the website of the respective state government.
Information from the state governments
Responsible for the content: oesterreich.gv.at-Redaktion
- Which symbol would best represent the blessing?
- Does colonialism help a country
- Norse mythology is cyclical
- What does the German word hab mean?
- Can rotate a twin rotor helicopter automatically
- What are some songs about strong people
- What is the current stable Linux kernel
- Who was better fisherman or Kasparov?
- You can paint on canvas with watercolors
- Is creatine 1 6 dangerous
- How do I use this correctly
- Why use Aptoide versus Google Play
- Trees talk to each other
- What species of primates have blue eyes
- What is right to question
- Which fitness exercise hurts most people
- Does Ryzen need a graphics card
- Is sixty too old for a threesome
- A valid syllogism can have wrong premises
- SIDS can happen to any newborn
- What acting class is best in Pune
- Who came up with the idea of making horseshoes
- Would you date an obese girl
- What is the concept of Brave Browser
- Which words contain only vowels?
- How do I understand camp
- What are some problems that writers face
- How do infantrymen go to Sapper School
- What is a charcoal water
- What are animal husbandry practices in India
- Cats like to be sung
- Can diabetics eat prunes
- You can do underfloor heating
- Is creatine ingestion good for health?