How can I get wrong grooves
Duchess Kate has them, top model Miranda Kerr and actor Florian David Fitz also have it. But they can only be seen when laughing. We're talking about dimples. The Duden describes it as a "small indentation in the cheeks".
They are generally considered to be cute, probably also because they are rare.
But how do the cheek dents even come about?
What are dimples?
Dimples are depressions in tissue that are usually congenital. But they can also develop in the course of a lifetime. With some they can be seen all the time, with most only when certain muscles are tensed. The dermatologist Miriam Rehbein from Munich explains in picture how they are created. The musculus risorius, which belongs to the laughing muscles, is responsible for the dimples in the cheek, for example: “It runs from the cheekbone below the temple to the cheek. When you laugh, the shortening of the muscle pulls the skin inwards and that creates the dimple. ”That's why not everyone has dimples at this point, some just less than others, some don't have any - depending on how strong or weak the muscles are be.
Dimples can also be caused by an abnormality in embryonic development. For example, when the right and left lower jaws merge, a narrow connection can form in the middle, on the chin. A chin dimple can be the result if the halves of the jaw and the overlying tissue do not grow together completely.
Are there dimples only on the face?
No, dimples can appear on different parts of the body. "Loin dimples" are particularly common in women. This means the two soft depressions just above the buttocks, i.e. on both sides of the lumbar spine.
If there are other pits in unusual places on the body, this can indicate a congenital malformation or hereditary diseases. Pits can also develop as the wound heals, for example if a scar contracts inwards.
After a record summer: More and more skin cancer - dermatologists are sounding the alarm
Dermatologist warns: Common mistakes when sunbathing - how to avoid them
Grooves, spots, deformations: What fingernails reveal about our health
Can you get dimples?
If you don't have natural dimples, but would like to have them, you can help. To do this, however, you have to go under the knife and bring the necessary change. During the procedure, the plastic surgeon makes a small incision in the mouth and then sutures the appropriate tissue. In this way, the muscle gap is imitated, which ultimately results in the small cheek dents. However: It is a medically unnecessary surgical procedure, which can lead to side effects and which is also very expensive at up to 1000 euros.
Alternatively, dimple fans can try to help with make-up and simply brush on the dimples with make-up. The downside: it doesn't last long and it looks relatively fake. (sar)
- Why did Stana leave Katic Castle
- How does Adderall affect meditation
- How did Foursquare get its first traction
- Has anyone tried 5 HTP out of fear
- Who is the god of animals
- What is a local beer
- What profession should I pursue after completing the LLB?
- Why shouldn't I buy a smartphone?
- How smart is Lex Luthor DCAU
- All success stories with Bach flowers
- What is the best wearable VR headset
- What is Aaron Hall's most successful song
- Art students can join the NDA
- Startups in Indonesia What is Icehouse Corp.
- What are the secrets behind millionaires
- What is a Microgadus proximus
- What is the Congo known for?
- Can a country prosper under bad leadership
- How does alcoholism usually start?
- How many functions can be made
- How is Qingdao China
- Is temperature a question
- How can I remove my iPhone 5?
- What are the specific skills that make a great biochemist?
- Is e coli in the normal flora
- Did William Barr misinterpret the Mueller report
- New York City is underestimated
- What is the opposite of fast fashion
- How can I impress my friend
- What is achalasia 1
- Which is the best crypto pump group
- How do I become a software developer
- How many people work on Office 365