How do I work with branded companies
Partner in life and in the company
When there is a crisis, it is always at home and in the company
Barbara Hofmann-Huber is a partner in the coaching office and heads the gender and diversity focus
It is not that uncommon for couples to work together on an equal footing in companies. And many have made the experience that professional cooperation enriches the partnership very much - but also brings with it a multitude of conflicts. NEWS talked about it with Hans-Georg Huber and Barbara Hofmann-Huberwho work together in the coaching office Huber & Partner.
What is different when you work as a couple in the same company?
Barbara Hofmann-Huber: First I would like to emphasize the advantages. Understanding for the partner is greater when everyday professional life is known. Being aware of the shared responsibility for the well-being of employees and the success of the company creates a feeling of togetherness. The contribution that each of the two partners in the company makes for the common ground is negotiated and is visible. And you get to know the partner in his or her creative side.
How then do the particular tensions and conflicts arise?
Hans-Georg Huber is the founder and head of the coaching office Huber & Partner
Hans-Georg Huber: A frequent cause is the excessive demands that arise from responsibility. Corporate responsibility requires a high degree of flexibility in order to be able to react to daily requirements. At the same time, everyone is only able to perform to a limited extent. In order to resolve this dilemma, a very clear demarcation is required: we are currently working or do we have free time, because the entrepreneurial couple needs this just like any other couple to regenerate.
Isn't there a risk of always taking work home with you?
Barbara Hofmann-Huber: Of course! It requires a high degree of self-discipline and consultation with one another in order to keep the line between work and leisure as a couple. We have got into the habit of “knocking” when an idea suddenly comes up in our free time that we wanted to convey to the other person. Call waiting hot: to ask the other if there is now an interest and capacity to open up to this topic. I consciously chose the example of the idea. Because it is not only problems that are brought home with them, but also innovative impulses that can be communicated to the other person immediately - different from when the co-managing director can only be reached the next morning. If the partner for your own, no matter how revolutionary, idea cannot be won over at the moment, you have to learn to accept this.
For you, what are the key factors for successful cooperation in work and partnership?
Hans-Georg Huber: Many couples either find it difficult to differentiate themselves from one another or live their own lives very strongly. Constructive solutions are required here that enable both cooperation and the individuality of the individual partner. Clear agreements and a common direction help here. It must be clarified who is responsible for which areas and with which competencies within the company and also within the family work. Everyone needs their own field of activity without the other person constantly influencing it. On the other hand, there is a need to agree that both pursue the same goals with regard to family and corporate policy and can rely on each other.
What effects does a crisis in the company have on the partnership?
Barbara Hofmann-Huber: Ideally, that means “pulling together!”. Successful entrepreneurial couples do this instinctively. Now everyone is asked with their different strengths, which, however, have to enrich each other instead of going against each other. The prerequisite is that the couple has developed a constructive culture of conflict, which then comes into play in the crisis. Because under stress, all people tend to narrow their field of vision. Then there is a tendency to rely on proven solution steps. Constructive conflict culture then means, for example, seeing the other person's point of view as a complement, and thus having more options, instead of getting into each other's hair just then.
Are there warning signs that show that something is getting out of hand in the partnership?
Hans-Georg Huber: They are the same as with other couples. Tensions, irritable moods, keeping silent, avoiding each other, crawling into work. I can only recommend taking the signals seriously, because often the relationship AND the company is at stake. Like companies, partnerships also require regular investment.
Barbara Hofmann-Huber: Above all, it means recognizing that a couple needs time for each other. Time to make sure that love is still alive and that both are still pursuing the same goals. Just as synergy can arise in a good relationship, it becomes dangerous when the relationship is in crisis.
Basically, there is no way to avoid the other. And that is, if there are negative feelings, disappointment, anger, pain, then the ability to work suffers. And the opportunity to relax in the encounter with the partner is lost. “Why are you in such a good mood at the company and in a bad mood at home?” Other couples don't have this comparison!
In your experience, is it particularly lucky to live AND work together?
Barbara Hofmann-Huber: “I congratulate every couple who run a company together or who can work together as a couple for this opportunity. It is a special opportunity to work with someone who is so emotionally close, in a common area of interest and for a common goal. We experience this as something very fulfilling and meaningful. Use this chance! "
Golden rules for entrepreneur couples:
- Above all, respect for the other person and their truth in assessing reality.
- Acceptance that each partner is who he or she is. This acceptance unlocks the best in everyone.
- Common goals: everyone wants to make their contribution, but everyone has their own particular strengths and weaknesses. If competition arises, both lose.
- Recognition of the limits of the other and the special needs for regeneration.
- What are the challenges in learning Chinese
- Which scale is suitable for measuring ohms
- You should be using WiFi calling
- How do I control my lying habit?
- Which makes you angry for no particular reason
- Can a small manufacturer sell to Walmart
- Are players playas all narcissists
- Can an aircraft mechanic become a pilot?
- What is a flap on an airplane
- What is the market size for probiotics
- How is Ian McKellen personally
- What do you think of newcomers?
- What's your favorite feature of WeChat
- What should I learn after an MCA
- Why is France called a romantic place
- How much does a mixing table cost
- Have you ever been to Sapa Vietnam
- What types of jobs use the protocol
- Can someone fall in love on Facebook
- Arch Linux is easy to use
- What does a boomerang symbolize
- Can you die of throat cancer
- When will Trump voters admit their mistake?
- Have you ever eaten migas
- What is special about resonance classes
- What makes you insignificant
- Why is my ex acting weird
- Why are people blinded by capitalism
- How can you merge hard drive partitions
- Why is the Copenhagen interpretation wrong
- What are the tricks for differentiation
- Who is Gary Chartier
- How good was Karl Gustav Mannerheim's Finnish
- What weapons are made in North Korea