How much did you love Avicii
Father admits: Avicii went to a psychiatrist as a teenager
18 months after the star DJ's suicide, Klas Bergling spoke up and spoke about his son's years of struggle, who in the end could not overcome his demons.
Establishment of the foundation
“We would like to thank you for your support and the loving words about our son and brother. We are so grateful for everyone who loved Tim's music and has precious memories of his songs. Thank you for all the initiatives in honor of Tim, public gatherings, church bells ringing to his music, tributes at the Coachella Festival, and minutes of silence around the world. We are grateful for the privacy during this difficult time. It is our wish that this will continue to be the case. With love, the Tim Bergling family, ”said the relatives of star DJ Avicii a few weeks after the Swede's death. The musician himself was described as a thoughtful young man who had “a fragile artistic soul”, “who was looking for answers to existential questions”, “could no longer go on like this” and “wanted to find his peace” ...
The legacy of the "Waiting For Love" artist was still upheld, and his parents set up a foundation to prevent further suicides. "The 'Tim Bergling Foundation' will focus on supporting people and organizations that are active in the field of mental illness and suicide prevention," the "Variety" magazine quoted the official press release. "Tim wanted to change something. Setting up a foundation in his name is our way of honoring his memory and continuing to act on his behalf."
In addition to suicide prevention, the “Tim Bergling Foundation” has since been involved in research into mental illnesses and is active in areas such as climate change, development aid and nature and animal protection. Income from Avicii's first single (post mortem), which was recorded with Aloe Blacc and is titled “SOS”, went directly to the foundation.
Depression as a teenager
Klas Bergling had spoken out several times in the past 18 months, during which his son was no longer with us, and had given other parents who had lost their children support. In an interview with “CBS This Morning”, which was recorded for the program “Stop the Stigma: A Conversation About Mental Health”, the Swede confessed that Avicii had problems and depression as a teenager.
“If you have a child who is uncomfortable, then you do everything you can to improve the situation. And you're trying to find out what's going on right now. So we went to the psychiatrist. I think he was just 14 or 15 years old. And he had reassured Tim ... He had such a good heart, ”Klas admitted, adding that the suicide was like“ a shock ”for the whole family and they had thought“ that he was on the right track and felt better ”.
Above all, Klas wants him to be able to give Avicii's fans the feeling that they are not alone and that suicide is no solution.
You're not alone
If your everyday life is also characterized by negative thoughts, always remember: You are not alone. Talk about your problems and entrust yourself to people who want and can help you:
Telephone counseling: on 0800 - 111 0 111 or 0800 - 111 0 222
Telephone for children and young people: 0800 - 11 6 111 or 0800 - 111 0 333
- Online PC gaming costs money
- Voltaire was an anti-Semite
- How does paracetamol help reduce viral fever
- What was Freud's first name
- Can eosinophilic folliculitis be cured by homeopathy
- How can I order from Yupoo
- How do I do business partnerships overseas
- Will an inner cat survive outside
- What does mercury mean in any way
- What if Jaehaerys II Targaryen never died
- Is weed legal in the UK
- Should I be careful when using Facebook
- Why aren't people from France patriotic?
- How will NATO react militarily to ISIS
- Joe Namath wore tights
- What does the English word cohesive mean?
- Why does the fuel price increase by 2
- What are good ways to gain willpower
- What's the best career in NASA
- We do water HEATING EQUIPMENT AND REPAIR
- A career in digital marketing is good
- Which countries have produced remarkable films?
- What is Selena Gomez best song
- How overrated is data engineering