Ragdolls are the best cats
The massive, large Ragdoll with a broad chest, muscular body and a powerful appearance stands out above all for its soft fur: The medium-length fur has a silky structure and only a little undercoat, which means that it lies against the body. It gives the animals the appearance of a cuddly toy - this is reinforced by the ruff that is often present. The head of the Ragdoll is medium-sized and tapers down to its rounded, widely spaced ears. The legs are a little longer at the back, which leads to a slightly sloping back line. The Ragdoll is a medium-sized cat - females weigh up to 6.5 kilograms, males up to 9.5 kilograms. With a shoulder height of up to 40 centimeters, Ragdolls reach a length of up to 1.20 meters from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail.
The large, round, bright blue eyes of the Ragdolls are the breed's trademark, this is their special coloration: Like Siamese cats, the Ragdolls belong to the "point cats". Their natural fur color shows only on the body tips such as muzzle, legs, tail and ears. According to the genetic basis, the basic color of the cat can only be seen on the cold parts of the body, the so-called "points". A white drawing hides the color in the middle of the body. Each coat color can also appear as a point color, with the Ragdoll various colors are allowed: Seal, Blue, Chocolate, Lilac and, more recently, Red and Cream Point are the typical colors of pedigree cats.
- Seal point: Ragdolls in Seal-Point have a black base color - as with all point drawings, this only shows up on the "cold" body tips.
- Blue point: Blue is a dilution of the black base color.
- Chocolate point: Ragdoll chocolate-point show an attractive brown basic color, as always only visible in the point tips.
- Lilac point: The dilution of brown is called "lilac"
- Red point: Red point drawing of a ragdoll
- Cream point: The dilution of red results in the color "cream". A Ragdoll "cream-point" appears almost monochrome due to the cream-colored points!
- Tabby: The point tips have a stripe - similar to that of a tabby cat. This striation is often visible on the legs and tail. The eyes are outlined in black as if with a kohl pencil. In the Ragdoll, the tabby drawing is often referred to as "Lynx".
- Tortie: Tortie Ragdolls show a tortoiseshell color at the point tips. The color pattern itself is very different - the spots of color can be of any size, but small, evenly distributed spots are preferred by growers.
- Torbie: The combination of tabby and tortie is called a torbie. The tortoiseshell color appears to be striped - a very interesting color!
The official drawing variants are called Colourpoint, Mitted, Bicolor, Tabby, Tortie and Torbie.
- Colourpoint: The Colourpoint shows a full mask like other Point cat breeds.
- Mitted: Mitted Ragdolls have a white chin and often white stripes on the nose in addition to the point markings. The balls of the feet are pink, she also wears white gloves and white boots on her hind legs.
- Bicolour: The ragdolls called bicolour also have a clear point markings, but their basic color is lighter, they wear a mask with an upside-down “V” that starts on the forehead and ends at the base of the tail. The legs are white.
By the way: Ragdoll kittens are born white as point cats and only develop their final color after three to four years of age!
The silky coat of the Ragdoll is of medium length, but is considered easy to care for due to the small undercoat. Every cat is different, every cat owner has different requirements when it comes to hair on clothing or furniture - but as a rule it is enough to brush a Ragdoll once a week, and more frequently when changing fur.
- What is Elmo
- What is an Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Politics is bullshit Agree
- What are the benefits of self publishing
- What does Oracle PeopleSoft
- How do I download Microsoft Office Project
- Is exorcism permitted in Islam
- Can reduce RedP HI acids to alkanes
- Why did Vertigo end badly
- What makes Jamaica dangerous? Why
- What is tolerance and fit
- How do I start a feature article
- What are Indianapoli's seedy neighborhoods
- What are some great statement sneakers
- What does the Filipino eagle normally eat
- What were the goals of Benito Mussolini
- How do I make my own drone
- How to make candied ginger
- What is nutmeg 1
- Can detectives intervene in a crime scene
- What are some software test jobs
- Flooding is common in Miami Florida
- What's the Best College Comedy Movie
- Why do people go on a pilgrimage