How can depression kill people
Severe Depression: A disease with a good chance of recovery
Fortunately, severe depression is one of the diseases with a very good chance of recovery. Today more than 80 percent of all patients can have their severe depression successfully treated, for which a hospital stay is only necessary in the rarest of cases. A combination of psychotherapeutic measures and medication, so-called antidepressants, is usually useful. These are not addictive, nor are they euphoric, but they help to get out of the "dark cellar" again.
There are many different antidepressants available; And that's good. Because it gives doctor and patient the opportunity to find a preparation among these that shows the best effect against severe depression with the fewest side effects in a specific individual case.
You can find out more about antidepressants here.
If patients continue to take their medication for six months after the symptoms have disappeared, the risk of relapse into severe depression is considerably reduced. After all, half of all those affected can be considered permanently cured after such a treatment and do not have to take any further medication - a result that, despite all medical advances, is achieved with hardly any other chronic disease.
Unfortunately, antidepressants cannot help everyone with depression. But pharmaceutical research is working on developing effective and well-tolerated drugs for these as well.
- What strategy will health care fix
- Why does lactose-free milk taste different?
- Do air strikes really work against ISIS
- What's your best military story
- How did Hayao Miyazaki get into animation?
- What is the specific resistance in units
- Is Golang dead in 2018
- Is ro-water safely stored in Matka
- What is a secure file transfer protocol
- Will Switzerland remain neutral in World War III?
- Which is better BSNL or Airtel
- The wave transmits the momentum
- What does Ahoya mean in Slavic
- Is UGC NET paper first sample change
- What is thermodynamics
- What are your tips for new fathers
- How much does Sprinklr
- Why don't we eat too much?
- Weight gain after stopping Zumba
- What technologies does Enplug
- What would a simplified Chinese calligraphy look like?
- What is the base peak in mass spectrometry
- How related to horses are deer
- What is the breakpoint in Python