How long does Safari keep iPhone history
4 ways to restore Safari history on iPhone without / from backup (iOS 14/13/12 supported)
Solutions: Recover Deleted Safari History from iPhone / iPad
Way 1. View Safari browser history directly on iPhone / iPad
You can use the mini trick on iPhone / iPad to find a deleted Safari history under Settings.
- Go to “Settings” on your device. Scroll down until you see the Safari app. Click on “Safari”.
- Scroll down, click Advanced.
- Then you will see the "Website Data" option, click on it. The deleted Safari history will be displayed there.
Way 2. Recover deleted Safari history on iPhone / iPad without backup
If you haven't made backups for the deleted Safari history, you can restore iPhone Safari history using a third party tool without a backup. iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery is an excellent tool for restoring iPhone Safari history or accessing the existing and deleted data in your backups.
As an all-in-one solution, iMyFone D-Back offers 4 recovery modes. You can choose one that suits you best to restore deleted Safari history from iPhone without backup in 3 easy steps. The preview function of the iMyFone D-Back is FREE. Before restoring iPhone / iPad Safari search history, you can use the free “preview function” to check the Safari histories and then selectively restore them from iPhone (it supports all iOS devices, including iPhone 12/11 / X / 8).
Watch the video first to learn more about how to recover deleted Safari history on iPhone.
Step 1. Select the recovery mode
Download iMyFone D-Back, install and start the program. Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer. Then select “Recover from iOS Device”.
Step 2. Select the types of data to be restored
Select the types of data you want to recover. Here you should select "Safari History" and then click "Scan".
Step 3. Preview and restore deleted Safari history
After the scan, iMyFone D-Back will list all the recoverable Safari history. You can view all safari histories including deleted safari searches. Then select the ones and click on "Restore".
Way 3: restore Safari search history with iTunes backup
3.1 Official method
If you have regularly backed up your iPhone to iTunes, you can now find the deleted iPhone / ipad Safari history from the iTunes backup.
- Start iTunes, click on the "iPhone" icon. And choose “Restore Backup”.
- Select the backup file that contains the deleted Safari history and click the "Restore" button.
3.2 Using iMyFone D-Back
With iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery you can retrieve the deleted iPhone / iPad Safari search history from the iTunes backup using the "Restore from iTunes backup“- Find the mode back quickly and easily. Follow these instructions to view and find the deleted Safari history on your computer / Mac.
- Select "Restore from iTunes Backup" and click the "Start" button.
- Select Safari Histories as the file type and click "Next",
- In the next window, select the iTunes backup file that contains the deleted Safari history. Then click on “Scan”.
- Once the scanning is done, you can preview and restore the Safari history you want.
Way 4. Recover Deleted Private Safari History in iCloud
If you have previously backed up your iPhone to iCloud, you can recover the deleted Safari history using the iCloud backups by first erasing all data and then restoring from iCloud again.
4.1 Official method
- Are you going Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Contents & Settings.
- Then follow the instructions on the setup screen and select "Restore from an iCloud Backup." Select an iCloud backup file to restore the device. This way, all of the data in that backup file will be saved with the deleted Safari history restored.
4.2 Preview and restore the deleted Safari history with D-Back
iMyFone D-Back can help you view and restore deleted iPhone Safari history from iCloud backup.
- Select the “Restore from iCloud Backup” mode and click “Start”. In the next window, select "Safari History" and click "Next".
- Then you need to log into your iCloud account. Please note that iMyFone D-Back will not lose your account information.
- After that, all backup files will be displayed on the interface. Select the backup file that may contain the Safari history you want and click "Scan".
- When the scan is finished, you can preview all the recovered Safari history. Choose the Safari history you want to retrieve and click the Recover button to save it on your computer.
Safari history FAQ
Q1: How long does Safari keep history on iPhone?
This is indeed a confusing topic that is discussed by many iPhone users. The good news, however, is that Apple has given a definitive answer: "... your Mac can keep your browsing history for up to a year, while some iPhones, iPad, and iPod touch models keep browsing history for a month." So we should keep an eye on the date to avoid deleting some important Safari histories automatically, especially on iPhone.
Q2: How can I recover deleted Safari history on iPad?
The ways to recover deleted Safari history on iPhone are also applicable on iPad. Don't hesitate to try iMyFone D-Back as it supports almost all major iOS devices including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with its wide compatibility.
Q3: How can I recover deleted Safari history on Mac?
When it comes to recovering deleted Safari history on Mac, perhaps the first method that comes to people's mind is to use Time Machine, the Mac's built-in backup service.
Once you've confirmed that you want your Mac to set up a Time Machine backup, here's how you can start the recovery process:
- Quit Safari. Connect the Time Machine backup drive to your Mac.
- Open Finder, pull down the Go menu and choose Go To Folder.
- Enter "~ / Library / Safari" and click the Go button. Go to the folder
- After you get into the Safari directory interface, locate the file named "History.db" (which can also be called "History.plist" if you are using older versions of Safari).
- Pull down the Time Machine menu in the upper right corner and select Enter Time Machine.
- In Time Machine, navigate to the date that contains the Safari history data and press the Restore button. Time Machine
- Finally, open Safari again and you can access all of your history by clicking History in the menu bar at the top of the screen and selecting the View All History option.
Since Time Machine recovery replaces old data, you should also back up the current data on the Safari website to prevent the recovered data from erasing it.
Deleted Safari history may be difficult to recover, but there are ways to achieve this goal. You can first list some key indicators and compare the 5 methods above to get a clear overview. Then you should choose a suitable method from the 5 mentioned which best suits your own actual situation. The bottom line should be that the path you choose is enough to completely solve the problem.
- Celebrate Jaeger and Collector birthdays
- What does knowledge stand for?
- What is Shakira's fortune
- What is the importance of college catalogs
- What are people doing in Las Vegas
- How can a planet have 13 moons
- How do I apply for CFA
- Why are dollar tariffs listed at weddings?
- How can i be a perfect person
- Why were pile drivers abandoned after ancient times
- How's Ann Arbor
- How does segment io
- What actions of others exceed your limits
- Is Sonam Kapoor's friend Anand Ahuja
- Who was Louis Pasteur
- How was Towers Watson Co founded
- Confident Narcissists What Makes You Happy
- Can convert iTunes FLAC to MP3
- What's the latest Sci Hub url
- How can I fix my hair problem
- Online game websites
- Where can I get discounted Disney passes?
- Does the iPill really stop pregnancy?
- What does canon