Is vodka and cranberry a good drink
Cape Cod: The Popular Vodka and Cranberry Drink Recipe
Cape Cod (or Cape Codder) is one of the easiest mixed drinks you can find. It's no secret and nothing special about it: it's just vodka and cranberry. Despite its simplicity, it's a great tasting drink and a perfect choice for happy hour or when you just want a fruity, refreshing cocktail.
This is one of those simple vodka cocktails that is a good everyday drink. It's reliable and you can mix it up in minutes.
This is also one of the few times that the ingredients (especially the vodka) don't really matter. Cranberry juice has a strong taste and will mask almost any impurities in the vodka, so go ahead and use the budget-friendly brands. The fact that it's a cheap drink at home is just another Cape Cod perk.
What you will need
How to do it
- Pour the ingredients into a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Mix well .
- Squeeze the juice from the lime wedge into the drink and drop it into the glass.
Tip: When you splash the Cape Cod, just add a splash of your favorite clear soda. Ginger ale is a perfect choice.
How strong is Cape Cod?
As with any highball mixed drink, you can make Cape Cod as strong or weak as you want. It's as simple as pouring more or less one of the two ingredients.
However, if you pour the drink according to the recipe above and use an 80 percent vodka, your Cape Cod will be exactly 14% ABV (28 proof). That's a bit stronger than your average glass of wine.
More vodka-cranberry cocktails
Vodka and cranberry are a popular combo, and it's a match in bartending heaven. The two ingredients appear together in a range of cocktails, which also benefits Cape Cod's budget friendliness.
If you can make a Cape Cod out of your bar, chances are you can make drinks like this too. They may require an additional ingredient or two, but as long as you have vodka and cranberry juice, you're halfway there.
- Cosmopolitan - Without a doubt, the Cosmo is the most popular vodka-cranberry martini. It's an easy way to enjoy the duo in a fancier form, and you can sweeten it with the juice as much as you want. All you need to add to the mix is an orange liqueur and a hint of lime.
- Crantini - This "up" drink combines the ease of Cape Cod with the style of the Cosmopolitan. It reverts to that simple two-ingredient recipe that we love at Highball, even though it shakes things up and is served in a cocktail glass.
- Jolly Rancher - A very fun version of Cape Cod, here we come back to the refreshing spike juice combo on the rocks. This time, however, you choose your favorite apple vodka and toss it in a little peach schnapps so it tastes like the famous candy.
- Woo Woo - If you love this peach and cranberry combo at the Jolly Rancher, you will love the Woo Woo. It traditionally reverts to a clear vodka, but use the flavor of your choice. You can also serve this fun cocktail in a cocktail glass, on the rocks, or as a party shot.
- Purple Haze - A fun and easy take on Cape Cod, you just have to add a dash of black raspberry liquor to create the cranberry version of the Purple Haze. Chambord is the most likely liquor, but there are other options as well.
More vodka and fruit drinks
Mixed drinks like Cape Cod fall into two classifications: duos and trios. These terms are used to define simple liquor and juice drinks that are served either large or briefly over ice. "Duos" refer to two ingredients: alcohol and a fruit juice. "Trios" consists of three ingredients: alcohol and two fruit juices.
Vodka makes the biggest splash among the duos and trios of the bartending world. It's the most mixable liquid in the bar, after all, and with all that juice it can easily get lost in the mix. This increases the attractiveness for many drinkers.
If you add just one more juice to Cape Cod, a number of equally popular mixed drinks are born. Knowing that there is a fantastic way to spice up your routine with no extra hassle, so it's worth writing down to your memory bank.
- Sea breeze - The "sea" comes from the addition of grapefruit juice. Think tropical breezes on the beach as you remember them.
- Bay Breeze - In the 'Bay' we think about pineapple juice. Remember this by remembering a calm cove on a tropical island.
- Madras - Orange juice is causing a sensation in this popular drink. Remember, just think of the tangerine.
|Dietary guidelines (per serving)|
|Total fat||12 g|
|Saturated fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated fat||5 g|
- Kanpur University is hell
- What is the best university in Boston
- How do successful people get a mentor
- What a man Lucian Freud was
- What are the richest neighborhoods in LA
- What is the market size for probiotics
- How is Qingdao China
- What is the police use of statistics
- Hire infosys Android developers
- How does eating animal protein cause constipation
- Are you afraid to fail?
- Which household items survive with Braenden
- What are Linux interview questions
- What are Mark Zuckerberg's political views
- Who invented Yahtzee
- What is paraffin
- What's your rating of Fitbit One
- Depression How can I stop hating everything
- What does smartphone mean
- How is an increase in height possible
- What agriculture is practiced in Arunachal Pradesh
- Why did you lose interest in coding
- Interacts psyllium husk with levothyroxine
- Why is NASCAR the best sport