Grow orchids from onions
Indoor orchids care
Orchids are popular and colorful. Their biodiversity knows no bounds. You don't need a green thumb for maintenance, but there are a few things that should be taken into account.
Care & location
Orchids basically like it bright but no direct sunlight. The appropriate place is the partially shaded window sill of the living area. Most species feel most comfortable on the west or east side; here the sun falls directly on the plants when it no longer shines so strongly. Orchids don't like drafts.
With a medium-sized saucepan, it is sufficient Water once a week in winter and twice in summer. (Exactly how often it has to be watered depends on the size of the pot and the type of orchid.) The substrate may even dry significantly between watering. Too much water is the certain death of an orchid. If the soil is too heavy and the water cannot drain off sufficiently, their roots begin to rot. It would be ideal to use clean rainwater for watering, but orchids can also tolerate it normal tap water, preferably a bit stale.
Important: During the growth phase (spring to autumn) the plant needs more water, if it does not grow, watering should be restricted.
With a few exceptions, all orchids experience one in the course of the year Resting phasein which they neither bloom nor grow. During this time, the room temperature should be significantly lower than during the flowering period, the plant is very little watered and not fertilized.
The orchid also shows the utmost modesty when it comes to fertilization. In the growth phase it should be best every 2-4 weeks be fertilized sparingly with special orchid fertilizer. If too much fertilization is used, the roots can be damaged because of the too high
Salinity can be damaged.
- How is learning influenced by culture
- What does mother tongue mean
- What is scope for foundry technology
- What does Wuthering Heights look like
- Home remedies for dry hair
- How do I work on keyword research
- What is another word for kindhearted?
- How do math games help students
- Animals see things that we cannot
- Coconut oil really contains saturated fat
- How do I dispose of Polaroid cameras
- Fairies mate
- Hellboy is more powerful than Thor
- Why can't we see our own imperfections?
- Can a baby win the lottery
- What are the HTML style attributes
- What was Nelson Mandela best known for?
- What is tolerance and fit
- How many children did Koenig Rehoboam have
- What is an asterisk and who is using it
- What is a centrifuge compressor
- Has Quentin Tarantio children
- What is Shawn Michaels famous for?
- In which countries is Kik available